Monday, August 31, 2009

Forgotten Quickie Found in Stash

Have you ever gone through your stash looking for something and you find something else entirely... wedged down between the stacks...bought long ago and forgotten for ages? I LOVE it when that happens, don't you? Well, that happened to me! I found an awesome Halloween panel and matching border fabric I bought on vacation in North Carolina about 5 years ago!!





The print is very "watercolor-ish" - which I love!! The colors are quite vivid and the maroon added to the night sky is really unusual.





And for some weird reason, I'm suddenly into owls and man are they everywhere! I've decided to start collecting owl fabric and make a wise quilt!!

With my severe cat allergy, I'm not real fond of them... but this one in the pumpkin patch is just adorable. And as this panel was designed by M'Liss Rae Hawley, who is a dachshund lover, she added one of those, too, in the pumpkin patch.



The border fabric is also endearing with the old primitive fence and the tall sunflowers!! What a super quick and easy project! Trim the panel, add the borders and done! I am really looking forward to quilting it!
What have you found in your stash that you forgot you had bought???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)