Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Summer Mini-Quilt Swap

I finished my "Good Old Summertime" Mini-Quilt Swap quilt for my secret partner. It's on the way in the mail to her right now, along with some pretty fat quarters and a "Purple Thang"- a favorite tool of mine. I hope she likes it. It was really fun to make. I've made beach art quilts before and have taught it at the quilt shop. But I've never made one that is square before.


I used all batiks and some lace for the surf foam at the bottom and added a real seashell, too.


At the top, in the sky, I also added some little white seagulls amongst the clouds.


I quilted the water with a shiny metallic thread in silver and blues in smooth wavy lines.


I quilted the sky in light blue thread and the sand at the bottom in goldish tan thread.



I signed the back along the quilting lines and bound it with a mottled darker batik. So that swap is fulfilled now and on to the next!! I'm working on the Friendship Bag Swap tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Polly, this is beautiful...so rich, warm and welcoming. What a wonderful piece!!

    Your Secret Pal will just love the surprize!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)