Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bye Bye Geraniums!

Well, we had our first snow of this winter! Unfortunately, it really doesn't "count". As a teacher, snow ONLY counts, on a school day! And this snow was on Saturday...
so NO Snow Day! :-(

But it was really pretty and picturesque coming down. I had bee at my friend Lorraine's house on Saturday. Her house was beautifully decorated for Christmas with carols playing and the fireplace crackling... so the snow was the perfect backdrop!!



And I was just saying that my geraniums had never lasted so long on my front porch steps. They have always been dead and gone longggggggg before December!!



Well, they are surely dead now.
Already turning to goo as we speak.



I was going to put out my Christmas lights on my twirly trees out front this weekend. Well, now it will be when it all melts. Won't take long...just a few days.



Lots of it melted today as the temps got up to mid 50's and the sun was bright all day.



But, I did get some stuff done this weekend instead. I cut apart all the t-shirts my son Anthony gave me to put in a quilt for him at bee. And I finished quilting my It's A Wrap quilt. I've got it right here by my red chair ready to hand sew the binding down.
So, what are YOU working on?

2 comments:

  1. I just love looking at your beautiful snow. I went to a funeral inland today and it was over a 100 in your teams.
    I am working some redwork for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of Yogi in the previous posts. Our Sadie got a baby sister 4 weeks ago and is finally deciding that maybe she is not so bad. Bella is our new addition. She is a Yorkie/Maltese mix and is 13 weeks old and 2.8 pounds. Wish me luck!!
    Love the Christmas quilts in your pictures. Looking forward to making some holiday quilts myself but probably not til after the holidays. My sewing time has been replaced by puppy chasing for the time being.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)