Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mid-Atlantic Quilt show

Last weekend was the

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show in Hampton Roads, Virginia.

DSCN2843

There was some really wonderful quilts exhibited, of course.  And even more delightful vendors!!

DSCN2840

What my friends and I observed was how many more wool booths there were this year compared with previous years. 

Soooo not my thing!

DSCN2841

Of course, I wanted one of EVERYTHING,

DSCN2844

but I restrained myself and bought just a few things…

a McKenna Ryan pattern, a book by Nancy Halvorsen, a few pieces of a new bright floral collection, some fingertip cots, a yard of pre-printed labels…

DSCN2845

We had such a nice day amongst folks who all love fabric and quilting!  Just getting away for a day is so renewing!!  And seeing all that eye candy really inspires me to get back in the sewing room and create!!

DSCN2842

And guess what Yogi did the whole time I was gone??

DSCN1805

What a good watchdog!! :-)

1signature 

6 comments:

  1. Good for you, Yogi. (o:

    Wonderful photos, quilt shows must be very tempting...

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved the wool booths - I love stitching on it because it's so soft and needles just glide through! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I love going to quilt shows...the International Quilt Show will be here in Cincinnati the first part of April and I'll definitely be going.

    Uh, your watchdog does the exact same thing mine does! LOL!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you enjoyed the Quilt Show. Quite a few girls at guild last night gave good reports. A couple were shocked at the art quilts but that's what they are, art quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't it fun!! I had the best time! I'm posting about it this week too. Gorgeous quilts!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, notice that WOOL is definitely on the "up and coming" at quilt shows. There were some beautiful wools at the Phoenix show but none popped into my backpack.

    I love wool and would love to use it more but I find myself "collecting" it more than using it. So maybe one day....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)