Monday, December 5, 2011

Quilted Tree Skirt

I have a 5’ tall country style artificial Christmas tree in my family room with a long skinny bare trunk that needed a new little tree skirt!

So, I pulled out some bright fun modern Christmas prints from the stash closet…

DSCN2008 

I cut one 5” strip cross-grain on eight different fabrics.

DSCN2009

I sub-cut those strips into 5” squares.

DSCN2010

I made 4 big nine patches using 2 fabrics for each.

DSCN2011

I sewed then together, pinned the backing and batting and top together

DSCN2012

and quilted it with a simple meander using a red and green variegated thread.

DSCN2017

I cut a 3” circle from the very center, trimmed the edges and cut off the corners.

DSCN2014

I made the binding from a fun green and red striped fabric and sewed it all around the edges, and hand sewed it down while watching TV last night!

DSCN2023

Woo hoo!  I love it there!!  Don’t you?

DSCN2021

What did you do this weekend?

1signature 

9 comments:

  1. Cute! Fast and easy...you did it right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quilted tree skirt is on my to-do list!!! Yours looks so cute under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas Tree Skirt is so cute! I just love reading your blog and just recently started getting your emails because I get so inspired by your decorating!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tree skirt! I always love to see photos of Yogi! Sooo cute! This weekend I decorated a gingerbread house with my twin granddaughters. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so darn talented! This looks like something that i need try. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I managed to get my Christmas quilt bound yesterday. Woohoo! You can see a picture on my blog at http://www.sallie789.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! so simple and so effective!!! Good job Polly, it looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it looks like you are having fun at your house! Cute little tree skirt - the binding really does it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)