Monday, October 29, 2012

Hubble-icious!!

I never post twice on one day, but I fear with Hurricane Sandy arriving today, that our electricity will go out, and then I’ll miss getting my October Schnibble posted in time for the parade!

DSCN3258

But, I did get my quilt made!

DSCN3249

And I LOVE it!

DSCN3250

And although I’m not really one to use white for a background, I really do like it with this fabric collection and design!

DSCN3257

I used charm packs from Kate Spain’s Terrain collection.

DSCN3164

I did make my outer border a bit more narrow than Carrie’s pattern  directed.

DSCN3254

I use a fun print from my stash for the backing.

DSCN3251

What a nice large lap quilt it made!

DSCN3252

MUCH bigger than our usual Schnibbles!!

DSCN3255

And I named it “Hubble-icious”!!

DSCN3258

Well, I am trying to get some Christmas gifts made now and am using this cool technique from the Missouri Star Quilt Shop YouTube video to make some placemats and table runner using an older Christmas jelly roll I had in my stash!!  Check it out- so easy and fun!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Ixvjje310

Hope you are not in harms way with this monster storm!  Keeping my fingers crossed we all get out of this with minimal damage to life and property!  Say a prayer, OK?

1signature

17 comments:

  1. I love everything about this quilt!! White background was perfect to set off all of the beautiful triangles. And the back is gorgeous!This inspires me to try something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely beautiful -- love the backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is fantastic. I love everything about it. Good luck with the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt. You did a wonderful job. Praying you stay safe and don't lose power in this terrible storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it has turned out beautifully, I love Kate Spain's fabrics and it looks great in this design..and again with the gorgeous backing fabric. Another stunner! Stay safe Polly, will be keeping my thoughts with all who are in the path of Hurricane Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Hubble! I like the change you made with the border size. I hope you, Yogi and your family stay safe and dry. It's really weird for us Floridians to be completely un-impacted by all this. I understand the anxiety you must be feeling and hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! the white background is perfect, and I love the scrappy little border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Polly, your quilt is gorgeous! Love how the colors pop out with the white background. Enjoyed seeing the tutorial...Jenny is amazing...love that gal! Be safe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is beautiful! Will say a prayer for all those affected by the storm. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt, I just love all those colors on the white background. My prayers have gone out for all the people that will be affected by this storm. We are expecting rain and high winds here in Ontario but nothing like you are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt! The fabric choices are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous quilt! You did a great job with every facet of the quilt!!! Simply amazing! I hope you can through the storm all right...prayers for all those affected by the storm, while I sit safely in eastern Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling quilt - I love all things Rosie...and Carrie! Terrain looks wonderful and crisp against the white! Here's hoping that all is well and that you weathered the storm well. It looks awfully fierce from what I have seen. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh Polly! I want to make Hubble now! Yours is beautiful! I love it!!! Now I need to go see that You Tube video!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)