Friday, June 28, 2013

Moving Right Along!

I used the 12 leftover rail fence blocks to make two placemats for my husband and I!

DSCN3912

I really love these fabrics!!  They do all the work in these simple blocks!

DSCN3905

On the table runner I quilted it in curly swirls.  But on these placemats, I quilted it in leaves… my all time favorite motif to quilt!!

DSCN3908

The backing was from my tiny stash here in the apartment!  A brown print with homey words on it!!

DSCN3906

And, the house is moving right along!!

IMG_1296

The siding is up!  The shutters are on!  It’s so fun to watch it progress!

IMG_1278

And they are painting inside and working on the kitchen.  No counters yet, though!!

IMG_1284

What are you doing this weekend?  We’ll be at the house getting estimates on putting in a patio after we close!

1signature

9 comments:

  1. wow - the house is looking beautiful. You will really have fun decorating it with new quilting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Polly, the house is looking great! I love getting the sneak peeks! I love the placements - and that table runner you made. Very modern - I think they'll look great with your new decorating scheme (which, by the way, I'm excited to see progress when you move in)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks fantastic! when are you scheduled to move in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using orphan blocks for small projects, so easy and so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Polly
    Love the pictures of your new home,it is coming along well and looks beautiful. I can hardly wait to see it done and all the new things you have been making I your new home.
    Place mats are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Placemats and house all looking good!!! I bet you can't wait to move in LOL!, looks as though you will have lots of natural light too inside, it'll be nice after being in a smaller place to have so much space again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! What a beautiful home it will be!!

    Love watching the building of the house and the making of your new decor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Polly, those are so cute - and so modern! I love the print for the back :0) and the quilting is so pretty! Romantic dinners in your future for sure :0)!! The house is going to be beautiful - you can already tell from the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. playa del rey moving company

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)