Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Schnibbling Along…

I’ve been sewing on my Schnibble of choice for February! Someone was being very anti-social that day, huh?

IMG_2288

This month we got to choose the Schnibble we make!  YAY!!

IMG_2289

So, I went through my Schnibble pattern collection, and decided on one I’d never made called “Mon Ami”.

IMG_2295

I used 2 charm packs from an older collection from Moda called “Freebird” by MoMo.  Very fun and bright!

IMG_2296

I quilted it with a simple stipple all over. We’ve got bee on Friday, so I’ll sew down the binding by hand at bee, and post photos after that!!

IMG_2297

I had a little pile of tiny leftover half-square triangle blocks after I finished the Schnibble pieced border.

IMG_2299

I always feel so tortured about throwing out even tiny blocks like these…  so I didn’t!!

IMG_2300

I made a little zippy bag from them!  Sooo much better than throwing them out, right??  Do you save orphan blocks?

IMG_2301

What have you been working on this week?

1signature

P.S.  Just in case you haven’t heard about this cool sweepstake from Keepsake Quilting , you could win FABRIC FOR LIFE!!!  Woo hoo!!

fabric for life

Click HERE to go to the contest page!!  You can enter every day for more chances to win!!  :-)

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing he idea of making pouches from left over blocks. I have so many random blocks that this would be perfect for. Give Yogi a squeeze for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Schnibbles quilt! And, I always save my orphan blocks. I usually make little table mats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Schnibbles quilt. I also wanted to know about your design wall. Is it on a curtain rod so it can be rolled up? Love the idea. Thanks. k.castanette@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Schnibbles -- need to make mine this weekend -- I always save extra blocks and usually make candle mats -- the bag is a great idea -- perfect little Christmas gifts.
    Happy stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Schnibbles are delightful!! I try not to throw anything away, whether I use it right away or save it for later Love your little bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Oh, I save even the smallest! I have about a bajillion (ok well maybe not THAT many) from my Celtic Solstice! They are sewn together and awaiting my evil plan! They are 1 1/2 inch squares! Finish at an inch! I LOVE them! Hehe! And I CRINGE to watch people throw those gems out! Ar pay a LOT of money for fabric! I have PROBABLY 6-8 12 inch blocks of 1 inch squares left from my CS. That's a LOT to throw out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Schnibble looks awesome and I love the little added pouch. It's so much better than throwing them in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You create such beautiful quilts. I love the little pouch as well. Do you have a tutorial on how you made it? Keep happy by creating beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilt and the cute pouch! Of course, I love to see Yogi! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Schnibble and that oh so adorable little zippy bag! I bet the hum of your sewing machine really makes Yogi relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is so pretty and I love that cute zippy bag (and it goes without saying that Yogi is just adorable) !! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing all the things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your zippy bag is so sweet! But I have to tell you that I am crazy over your "sew... a needle pulling thread"! Did you buy the words somewhere???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)