Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Catching You Up...

Waiting for garage door company to come replace one of our garage door openers that got fried last week in an unusual thunder storm... never thought of putting a surge protector on my garage ceiling outlet...  Soooo, what better time than now to catch you all up on some stuff that has kept me busy!!  
A neighbor three doors down in having her first baby in a few weeks and has chosen not to know the baby's sex ahead of time, so I had to make them a gender neutral baby quilt!  Really hard!!



I used citrus colors of yellow, green and orange, along with black and white prints to make the quilt!


Her husband likes monkeys, so I had to add a little monkey on the quilt, too!!



As usual, I cut WAAAAY too many squares for the quilt, so I used up some of the extras to make a baby quilt for our little grandbaby, too.  I added a fun bright frog on black print for the alternating squares...



OH!!  And I can now show you "the Grand's Room" here in our home!  



I saw this cute panel months ago which seemed all BOY to me, so that was my jumping off place!



I chose the green drawers on the crib, so that if we EVER get girl grandbabies, I can switch the colors out to green and pink and purple!!



I love the Art to Heart growth chart panel I used to make the little low wall quilt!!  



And the new froggie one is on the rocker!! That is the same rocker we used to rock our now grown boys in when they were babies!  Dusted off and ready for use!



I found some great chartreuse green prints to make the crib dust ruffle, covers for the white boxes under the changing pad, and the rocker seat pad!



I made the changing table organizer wall quilt to hang above it, for diapers and lotion, wipes and such, too!



A month or so ago, I took a guild workshop on cathedral window blocks!  I loved making them but they are so fabric dense, 



that I would think a whole quilt made with them would be realllly heavy!!  So, I took the two blocks and made them onto a little day purse!!



Have used it ever since and gotten lots of compliments on it!!  Yay!



Sigh.... it's mid September and still ever so hot here!!  Yogi and I are still longing for the cooler fall weather to come!!
These little leaves agree completely, with Yogi and I, and simply could not wait to change their colors...



What are you working on these days??  Is it cool where you live by now?

PS.  HATE Blogger!!!  It simple does not keep the formatting I do when it publishes my posts....grrrr!!

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous baby quilts!!! I love the wall panel ... tis no wonder you 'acquired' that on sight! You do realise don't you that once the new grand-baby arrives and grows just a little he will want to live with you forever so beautiful is the nursery.
    We are into spring after a wetter and colder winter than in the past decade.
    Yogi looks ready for a walk:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Polly! I cannot believe how great that room looks! I suspect that you are making sure that you will be babysitting a lot. Who could resist that room and those gorgeous quilts. I am betting that your neighbors are going to fall in love with that quilt also! How the heck do you finish them that quickly? I think I am doing well to do one, maybe two of the baby sized ones in a week(and mostly because while I am staying with my son, I am being pampered...no cooking, no laundry, etc!). Again, let me say that I love, love, love your appliques! Where do you find such cute ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, I just noticed that the monkey's ears are 3D! How extra cute is that?

      Delete
  3. Love the quilts you'v emade and your grandchild's nusery! I'm sure you'll be his favorite babysitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful nursery and love all the quilts! Gorgeous! Cooler weather has arrived here! Hope yours is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet, a grandbaby room.
    This is great! I love these quilts and the decorating too, and Yogi is so cute.
    Well, something to think about. Sarah at 12 months started chewing on her crib rails. Yes! Crazy!
    Christina found some sort of pad you put over it and secure in place.... not sure how.
    Look it up, see if you can find it on the interwebs (lol) and you can make one at a later time when that little rascal starts chomping on the rail.
    Funny, I do not remember my babies chewing on the rail.... but I kept the mattress really low. Just a thought for the future. You are so lucky to have your very own grandbaby boy
    I know. I love my grand daughter so much. This is the best in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! and I forgot the purse! How adorable. Now I want one...
      No really, you made it perfectly.
      I agree about the weight. I met a woman that owns a sewing shop in Sterling-ish, a new area. Anyway, She was making a cathedral window quilt, and I said it was pretty but honestly.... it was ugly. bulky and some shimmery purple fabric and she quilted it to death with all sorts of designs.
      I said it was pretty :-P

      Delete
  6. I love monkeys as well, beautiful quilt.

    I adore your cathederil windows bag. The colours are yummmy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts and beautiful nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Polly, I love your blog! Your quilts are so colorful and pretty. Your appliques are creative. I just love reading your story and looking at your pictures. A new addition coming will really inspire you I'm sure. I love all the baby quilts you have made so far. I too, have retired. I been thinking a lot about quilting for enjoyment. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how gorgeous is that monkey on the wee quilt.beautiful gift .
    ...and that nursery for your Grandie is amazing....are you excited about becoming a Grandma?? LOL......
    Yogi looks cute sitting out there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your appliques on baby quilts, and that Grands' room is fabulous! I think you might really have been looking forward to this day for a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)