Friday, September 1, 2017

Finally September!!

This summer seemed endless to me... the heat just really gets to me nowadays!  So happy we have finally made it to September... even knowing that it is mostly a warm month here in northern VA.  We are moving TOWARD my most favorite time of year- autumn and Halloween!!  Yay!!


I participated in a "Pinnie Parade" activity on Instagram during August, where I showed some pin cushions I'd made in the past and some new ones.  Here are the ones I made during August!











I made a baby quilt for a dear family /old neighborhood friend, whose first baby was just born early this morning!! 


A big (over 9 pounds!!) beautiful boy, that we all can't wait to meet!!



I made a cool modern table runner for my dining table ...


to go with my modern black and white dishes!!  


I fell in love with the snail quilt that was all over Instagram during the summer. 


I have always had a thing for snails...


No clue why, but I really do!


I use Tula Pink fabrics from her Slow and Steady collection 


and from her Tabby Road collection!!  Sooo fun!!


I'm participating in several online Quiltalongs,  including The Fussycut Sampler, which I'm doing in fun Halloween prints from my stash,


the Moda Bake Shop School of Sewing,


and Lori Holt's new "Bee Happy" quilt. She does her applique by hand, but I will be doing fusible machine applique... and it's taking forever to trace all the shapes needed to get started!  I decided to do her new sewalong because I have tons of Farm Girl Vintage  fabrics leftover to use up... and because it's just so cute!!

Our local Piedmont Modern Quilt Guild had a challenge for us to use the colors we dislike and avoid using in a small quilted project. Well, my least favorite colors are yellow and brown...


so I made this little 12" quilt and named it "Butt Ugly Fabrics"...   


Ya gotta love these emojis, right?  LOL!!


Yogi is hanging in there and when he is awake, he wants to know what you are up to these days?  Ready for fall??


11 comments:

  1. So many fun projects! Love the pincushions with the stems and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snails and all the pin cushions! The poop emoji mini would be a big hit in my classroom--third, fourth, and fifth graders love potty humor. I might have to steal your idea and make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been very busy! Love all your pincushions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have kept busy and made lots of lovelies....great pin cushions , fantastic baby quilt .
    I love your Snail 🐌 🐌🐌🐌🐌 quilt... oh the Poop 💩 is sew funny 😂...
    Nice blocks for your QAL s..
    Hello darling Yogi...🐶

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cool pin cushions! Very creative. The little snails are so cute. (Altho I squish 'em in my garden.) EMOJI unfavorite colors turned out quite nice. Now I have to google emoji to find out what it means --I live under a rock, don't ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created so much in a short amount of time! Love this post. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the snail. Where would I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pinnies and snails🐌 I'm sad that summer is almost oer it's my favorite season I love the warm weather and all the sunshine. But I'm looking forward to pumpkins (soup, pie, latte) and Halloween. Tell Yogi hi from me🐶

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polly, it's always so good to hear from you, even when it's sporadically. Your projects are always so cute and that snail quilt is a hoot. I'm not on Instagram, but was wondering if you know where the pattern can be found. Yogi must be a senior citizen by now, like most of us out here, and he probably has all the aches and pains to go along with being 'of a certain age'. Enjoy the holiday weekend and have fun. Like you, the cool weather suits me just fine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's the difference between a snail and a slug (the shell?). I dunno but whatever your's are, snails or slugs, they're adorable. I don't instagram so I guess I never saw them. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was fun to see all of your projects. I just love the snail quilt, it is so cute. I am also a fan of pincushions, it was nice to visit your blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)