Monday, November 19, 2012

Squirrel Surgery

Yogi sure does love him some Squirrel.

DSCN0382

He has lots of toys but always goes back to the squirrel ones.

squirrel

(image from Google)

He is not destructive at all with his toys…

DSCN3276

he is super gentle with them.

DSCN3277

But when he gets in a tugging match with my husband or sons,

DSCN3278

an arm or leg or tail usually gets torn off or is left hanging by a few threads.

DSCN3280

Then I find little balls of polyfill stuffing all over the floor…

DSCN3281

so then it’s time for-

DSCN3282

   Squirrel Surgery!

DSCN3284

Yogi watches me verrrry closely

DSCN3286

while I re-attach an arm or stitch up a big hole.

DSCN3287

Then when I’m done and give it back to him,

DSCN3288

he is so gentle and caring.

DSCN3289

He licks it all over…

DSCN3290

and invariably get’s fuzz on his tongue…

DSCN3293

which he tries to get off by rubbing his tongue over his nose!!  YECKKKKK!

DSCN3295

Both my sons and their girls will be at the girl’s homes for Thanksgiving this year, so my dear husband and I are on our own!

jalopy

I think it will be a very quiet and  relaxed day for us.  I am still going to make a small turkey and all the trimmings, but only for two!!

(image from Google)

So, I should not be too tired to get lots of Christmas decorating done on Black Friday and over the weekend!!  Woo hoo!!

Sooo, what are your plans for Thanksgiving?

1signature

6 comments:

  1. Most of my family will be here for Thanksgiving this year. I'll go see the rest at Christmas. Yogi needs to teach Gibbs about being gentle with his toys. He would turn that squirrel into a carcass within 20 minutes!! That is all he has in his toy basket right now. Some big old bones and several carcasses lol! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! It will be three of us this year, last year I was in CA with my daughter and her family. Yogi is adorable as always!! Will he get some turkey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So enjoy your postings! I just retired from 36 years of teaching, mostly Kindergarten and First grade. We will be hosting Thanksgiving again this year with mostly my family attending and four guests who will be new to our table...about 20 to 22! Enjoy your quiet celebration!

    Alice in sunny (for a change) Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Yogi posts! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've performed quite a few squirrel surgeries as well as "mailman"' "ex-boyfriend", skunk, frog, elephant, hedgehog and various other stuffed toy surgeries.

    I have 25 coming to my house for Thanksgiving dinner, so I'll be pretty tired, but thankful for leftovers.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a die-hard Poodle Person but your little Yogi is such a doll. I could become a convert to another breed. Loved all the photos in this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)