Friday, September 14, 2018

Frivolity

Did you ever make one of Moda's Frivol quilts?  They came in a cute little tin box.  Moda only made them for a few years, I think!  


As the churn dash block has always been my favorite block, I had to buy the Frivol that was a churn dash quilt.


I did change it up a tad...as I usually have to do 😆, lol!!


I do so love the soft prints in this collection- Strawberry Fields Revisited.


One of the things I added was the little https://www.ohsewpersnickety.com/border made of all the leftover scraps!!   


Do you participate in the summer Row by Row activities of visiting quilt shops, collecting their blocks, then assembling them into a commemorative quilt?


We have a wonderful little quilt shop in downtown Haymarket, called Oh Sew Persnickety.


And I have been blessed to design their Row by Row block since they opened.  The theme this summer was Sew Musical.


This is the block I designed for them, and I named it "Oh Sew Musical"!  Folks seem to like it!  Whew!!  So fun to create!!


Here in northern VA, we are soooo relieved that Florence did not come our way directly, although we will get some remnants next week.  But our thoughts and prayers are with those folks in NC and nearby, who are getting hit with rain and wind and destruction.  


It is still quite warm here...sigh.  Reallllly looking forward  to cooler temps and colored leaves!  Is it fall yet where you are? 



 Are you sewing something up with a jelly roll to celebrate Jelly Roll day tomorrow?


5 comments:

  1. I love your RowByRow block. So cute! I’ve collected the blocks and license plates in past summers, but never managed to go anywhere this summer to collect any of them - except from our local shop. It was a cute theme and I’ve seen such cute blocks online.

    That grandson is growing so fast! Enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are so pretty. Well done.
    Your little grand fella is growing so nicely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your post reminded me I have one of those lovely tins. Must get it out , hmmm maybe not. Need to work on other projects....😬
    Great music block ....
    Lovely photos of Neal and his dad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet picture of Neil, amazing how quickly they grow. My grandson will,be eight on the twenty fifth and he should be the age of of Neil. I,love the quilt and how you labeled it. So glad the storm is going to miss you it has just been awful watching the flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)