Saturday, September 8, 2018

Neal's Color Book

Our grandson Neal is learning his colors, so I made him a fun color book to play with.  


I made the book out of regular quilting cotton fabric, with fusible fleece inside, with zizagged edges.


The colored pieces sewn onto the light background are all felt.


I tried to use things Neal saw or ate or played with every day.


Each page displays a different color and also has a removable piece that he can button on and off the page.


All the removable pieces are stored on the inside of the back cover in a little zippered pouch.


This part actually taught Neal how to zip open and closed!




Neal seems to enjoy playing with it and is doing well learning his colors!




And Neal got to meet my 96 year old Mother- his great Grandmother!

I really love that photo!!  So, what are you up to lately?  Are you making something awesome?



11 comments:

  1. What an adorable book! However, that last picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the creative book, and so glad great-gran got to be with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they both were smitten with each other!!

      Delete
  3. Polly, your book is so beautiful. I've spent my entire life with little ones and although I hesitate to say it, for Paul's safety - I must. The buttons scare me. They are so dangerous with children his age and I know that you want him to always be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree but Neal's a different child with such...has never put stuff in his mouth...nothing to help with teething...no binky, and actually fought food for a bit, too.

      Delete
  4. Polly, your book on colors is so creative and made with lots of love for your darling grandson. I just might have to borrow your idea and make a few for our very young great grandchildren. We have 10 GG, with #11 on the way, so this would be perfect for the 3 youngest who are little boys. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour book is just amazing Polly and it lovely to see the photos of his Daddy helping with it.
    Fabulous photo of Neal seeing his Great Grandma..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great book and awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet sweet book! I hope you are bracing for Florence!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)