Monday, July 13, 2009

A Surprise Gift!!

When I got home from work today, there was a surprise package in my mailbox! It was from my new friend Gloria, in Argentina. She was my Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap partner. You can check out her blog http://quiltingenargentina.blogspot.com/
I sent her an appliqued flower mini quilt and some fabric and thread last month. And it took the mail service 2 weeks to deliver it and for a while there I was worried that it was lost. But it finally arrived, WHEW!!




Can you believe how sweet of Gloria to send me such a wonderful gift package??? I was soooooooo surprised to see her name on the return address!!



I can't believe Gloria sent me this awesome witch! I am crazy about Halloween and I can't wait for October now so I can hang this up!! She even hand quilted around it, too.





I have always loved the old upright shaped coffee pots. How many of you remember the sound of the old percolator coffee pots?? Isn't this a wonderfully paper pieced block?





I don't know why this photo changed to portrait instead of landscape!! But isn't this tissue case cute? This is the back of it...the other side has a center slot to pull the tissues from!


I just looovvveee days when the mail brings more things than just bills!! Don't you???


4 comments:

  1. Well, Polly, what a wonderful surprise. They are cute ... now what will you do with them?
    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Polly ! It was funny to prepare the package with the witch ,just imagining your face when you open the envelope !! I LOVE paper piecing as you can see, but it is not the only thing I teach in my studio ...hugs...Gloria from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip to the mail box...you are one lucky lady.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely swap Polly! Love your GiGi Girl quilt too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)