Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What a groovey GiGi Girl !!

I finished the Gi Gi Girl quilt top made from the Moda Za Za line jelly roll. The pattern was from the first Anka's Treasures jelly roll book called "On A Roll". It is so fresh and fun and I just love the way it turned out. What do you think?



The pattern was very easy to cut and sew up. And a single jelly roll makes a good sized lap quilt with enough scraps leftover to make a coordinating table runner. This is the fabric I have for the backing from the same line.



This is the fabric I have for the binding, also from the Za Za line. I feel so lucky that I was still able to find a jelly roll of this collection so long after the book was published! Thank goodness for the Internet and eBay!! :-)



Now, I need your help. How would you quilt this top????
Leave me a comment with your suggestions, OK?

3 comments:

  1. I love this pattern - it's simple but very eye catching. You've inspired me to make this pattern again using bright fun fabrics. My first one was soft pastel baby fabrics. The brights will be more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you quilt it with concentric circles? following the same pattern, but different shape? just a thought. your quilt looks great.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great ! I love it! Maybe, someday I'll sew it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)