Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm Still Here!!

YIKES!! 
 It's been over a week since I posted!!
Where does the time go?????


No, seriously!!  Where does it go?
Do we find out the answers to these
important questions when we die?
Like where does mulch go?
How can socks go missing
between the washer and the dryer?
And why does time just fly by???
I'm just sayin'... NO FAIR!!


I've had some busy days lately.
The first weekend of October was our
annual fall guild retreat.


We've been going to this same
retreat site for years


and at this fall retreat
we found out it was our
last time to be there.


So, we were all a bit sad
as we sewed and chatted.


I did make a Christmas quilt top,
a table runner top, and I
finished a shaggy quilt UFO.
I finished the tablerunner
this week after work.


It was a kit I bought a while back from
Nancy's Notions.


I really like the fabrics allot.


I think it will be great to use
in the summer, don't you?


Last weekend my husband and I
went to visit my son and his girlfriend
at VA Tech.  Her parents came, too,
 and we had a lovely weekend in Blacksburg.


Don't they make a cute couple?

6 comments:

  1. I must agree Polly about the time. We have been very busy with our Quilt Hanging and now it is a week since it all began.
    Oh How sad tyou are not able to go to your Fall Retreat anymore. Can all the ladies not go to another venue???
    You sure were productive. Love the colours too in your table runner.
    What a handsome son you have and he has chosen a pretty young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table runner. I'm sorry that you'll have to change your retreat venue. I hope you get somewhere equally nice.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Polly,
    Even though time is flying, wonderful things are happening. Love your table runner! Wonderful for summer months. I'm loving small projects. Thanks for showing the photo of your son and his girl. What a handsome young man! Have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great runner, great couple and great week it sounds to me for you...Yeah..
    blessings msamm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they make a darling couple.

    LOL, I see that "sneak" photoshot of Yogi in there looking chirper as can be...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)