Saturday, December 22, 2012

S T R E S S E D

If only my husband had told me back in the summer or even in the fall that we would be putting our house up for sale in the week before Christmas…

DSCN3510

Needless to say, the last 3 weeks have been a tad stressful.  All I’ve done for the last three weeks is clean and clean out an throw out and reorganize and repair…while also trying to sew up Christmas presents.  If I had known back a few months ago, I could have made the gifts then…sigh…

DSCN3516

All the cleaning and lifting has thrown my back out and am feeling some sciatica… so not sleeping at night either…sigh

DSCN3441

(Someone obviously has NO PROBLEM sleeping anywhere at anytime!!)

DSCN3467

But I do have some stuff to show you…  my list of things made in November and December has grown… but have not been able to show them to you as many are gifts to people who read my blog… 

DSCN3436

This is a jelly roll quilt for someone very dear.

DSCN3437

I used this technique to make it! 

DSCN3435

A really fun system!!

DSCN3444

I finished a UFO as a gift for my newly married son and his wife!

DSC_5262

They like VERY modern décor, so thought it would be a good fit for them. 

DSCN3445

They had their first party as a married couple last weekend, so I gave it to them early so they could use it for Christmas decorating.

DSCN3448

I remembered that there was one monthly Schnibble this year that I didn’t make…  the one from February called “i.s.t.h.”.

DSCN3521

So I made it up with a few changes to make it more to my liking…

DSCN3522

It’s a gift, too!  YAY!!

DSCN3405

I made a little candle mat from a kit I’ve had for a while.

DSCN3408

It’s tiny but cute!!

quilt 2

And last week, we had our master bedroom repainted a lovely perwinkle color, so I made a new king sized quilt.

quilt 1

And a matching bedskirt and three window valances, and to king sized pillow shams and a little matching throw pillow!!

The sign went up out in the front yard this morning…so it’s feeling real!!  Wish me patience and luck in this selling process… because of Yogi, we are only showing it by appointment.  So, when I get a call, I have to rush around and get the house in “staged” order, grab Yogi, jump in the car and drive out of sight around the block until they come and go!!  PLUSSSS, I’ve got my family from Florida coming in 2 days after Christmas…

aunt

I can’t wait to see them!!!  Just wish all the other stuff wasn’t going on right now!

DSCN3465

Soooo, keep your fingers crossed for us, that it sells quickly and easily, OK??

DSCN2245

I wonder how Yogi will adapt to a new house…  two actually, because we’ll have to move into a temporary place or apartment until the new house is built… they say it will take about 6 months!!  UGH!!

1signature

23 comments:

  1. Oh Polly, I hope it sells quickly so you do not have to live like this for long. Your work is just lovely. Your should enter your stockings in Denise's show at http://www.quiltinglines.com/2012/12/christmas-stocking-hang-out.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot going on you your house these days but you have managed to get some beautiful quilts finished. Yogi will be just fine as long as he has you. Good luck with the sale. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the sale of your house. With all your beautiful decorating, I think it will be snapped up quickly. Enjoy your family for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder I had not read any posts lately. You have been very busy indeed. Love all your projects and of course you JUST WHIPPED up a beautiful new quilt and accessories for your freshly painted room.Looks great..
    Good luck with the sale of the house and I hope you don't have to drive around with Yogi too often and it sells quickly...
    Happy christmas.
    Hugz
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas.

    Breathe. Remember, it is YOUR house and you make the rules. Let the realtors know that, YOU are in charge. I'm praying for a quick and easy sale for you.

    Have a wonderful visit with your family. Give Yogi a big hug and relax. One day soon you will look back at this time and laugh.

    Hugs

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a time you have had! Your quilts are scrumptious...love the modern tree quilt and the three dudes quilt! Your ISTH looks great with your variations...well done! Sorry to hear about your sciatica, and good luck with the house! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely finishes...and a beautiful couple! she looks so smitten with your son ;) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, as if selling a house isn't stressful enough - during the Holidays?! Bless you! I will pray for a quick and easy sale! Are you moving far away? I hope the new house is the house of your dreams when it is done to make all of this worth it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful projects, Polly. You have been a BUSY girl. So much for retirement....LOL

    Had no idea you guys were going to sell. Hope it goes fast for you. Your house has always been a "HOME" and with its welcoming decor you always have displayed, I"ll lay odds it'll be no time at all.

    Will you stay in the area?

    Okay, nuff questions. Please know I'm sending you lots of good wishes and a Very Merry Christmas with lots of calming drinks (I'll let you tell me which kind that is...LOL)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Polly I can't even fathom accomplishing all you have in the time you had to do it. I'm blown away by your energy and talent. Selling a house by itself is overwhelming. Add to that doing it at Christmas and I'd run screaming! I love your wonky trees - did you have a pattern for that? I checked out the video you linked to and I just happen to have a jelly roll that needs stitching. :) Have a wonderful Christmas and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your house sells the day after Christmas! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas quilts are so beautiful... it looks very Christmassy over there! Congratulations on a new adventure... I bet you are excited and have visions of floor plans and decorating in your head instead of sugar plums! Yogi is going to be "home" wherever you are. Your Schnibbles looks like sparkling snowflakes. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I would have waited at least till all the company left, and things got back to normal. One week in my book wouldn't make a difference. I hope it sells quickly for you though, and things work out. I will be selling a house or two next year sometime, been clearing out and purging for over a year in this house now. No fun at all. Find some time to rest, relax, and enjoy the family too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope things go smoothly for you all. Please remember to put your feet up and close your eyes once in a while, a nap will do wonders for you. Your new home will be much more enjoyable if you don't arrive exhausted lol. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are Super Woman!!! My goodness. I could have only hoped to have done half of what you have accomplished. Can't wait to see pictures of your new home. Good Luck!! An wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, I love the two quilts! The one for your son and daughter in law will be a perfect fit for their modern home. And the other one is darling. Will go check out the method you used. Good luck with the sale, the move, the new build, and all of it.
    Merry Christmas!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. It always amazes me what we women can accomplish when we have to .The Christmas presents that you made are all beautiful especially the one for your son and his beautiful wife.
    I hope that your house sells quickly, are you moving to a new town or just a new home. Good luck and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas. Blessings Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your completed projects are wonderful! Beautiful son and daughter-in-law too! I hope you will find some calm moments and peace during this holiday season.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the tree, the stockings. the quilts...Merry Christmas to you and your family. May you and your family be blessed with loads of laughter and joy.

    Usha
    usharaneem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your quilts! Sending good thoughts for the sale of the house...building a new house is so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Polly you have been a busy lady! The quilts are beautiful. I cannot believe how much you accomplished in such a short amount of time. The sale of the house came as a complete surprise to me. I cannot imagine you leaving your beautiful home, but sometimes it is time to move on. Yogi will be fine as long as he has you and a good place to sleep.
    Suzan
    Ladybug Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  21. It will sell so fast your head is going to spin! Like it's not already right? WHere are you going? I am excited for you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW...you have been busy! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and your house sells fast. I LOVE the quilt you made for your son and daughter-in-law! If you're willing to share the pattern, I'd love to have a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Polly. Where can I get a copy of the christmas tree pattern quilt that you made your son? I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)