Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Welcome to My House!

We’ve been in our new house since August 3rd, and although it is still a work in progress, we have gotten allot done!

IMG_1758 

I love having a two story foyer! I never have until now!

 IMG_1731

The space is so light & airy!

 IMG_1734

From the front door, you can look right through the house to the woods out back through the morning room windows!

 IMG_1760

We looked for homes with no formal separate living room or dining room…but to no avail. 

 IMG_1759

We rarely used our living room or dining room in our previous homes, so we decided to use the room designated as the living room in this house as the home office-

 IMG_1755

and the dining room as my library!!

 IMG_1756

I do love to read and have accumulated tons of books over the years!!

 IMG_1761

The library has all of the cottage decor stuff I kept from my previous home.  You can go from the foyer through the office and library into the kitchen.

 IMG_1762  

Or, you can walk straight down the foyer hall and get to the kitchen, family room and the morning room that way!

 IMG_1763

Everyone loves this part of our home.

IMG_1744

This is the HEART of our new home- the rooms we live in!!

 IMG_1748

The kitchen is big and light and fantastic!!

 IMG_1745

This is my first house with gas cooking and I  love it!!  I love the big island and the big picture window over the sink which looks out onto the back yard, firepit and woods.

 IMG_1742

The model of this house used the living room and dining rooms as they were supposed to be and the morning room was decorated like a den with couches. 

 IMG_1749

But our morning room is our dining room.  We love the big bright windows and the view of the new patio, back yard and woods beyond!!

IMG_1750

I love the one painted accent wall!  I think the Granny Smith Apple green we painted it is just perfect!!

IMG_1751

We are building a stone patio out back and just now can finally use the back door from the morning room as the stairs down to the patio were just finished!

IMG_1740

The patio is almost done and the furniture for it will be delivered next week.  I’ll post more pictures of it then!

IMG_1741

The family room furniture is new and all are recliner seats from Lazyboy!  The family all love this!!

IMG_1752

The red wall gives the room such a cozy feeling!

IMG_1753

We are looking for some more cool clocks to add to the red wall on both sides of the big black one!

IMG_1693

Upstairs, the master bedroom is behind double doors on the left!

IMG_1735

We ditched our old cheap bedroom furniture-

IMG_1718

and bought a big beautiful new set! 

IMG_1723

I wasn’t sure I’d like my Caribbean blue quilt and shams on it, but I do!!

IMG_1721

And the big airy bathroom is so sparkling white!!

IMG_1712

I bought a dark shelf unit and bright towels to give it a burst of color!!

IMG_1707

We have a terrific closet here, too.

IMG_1717

We bought and assembled the closet furniture from Ikea!!

IMG_1713

My DIL’s both want to live in our closet!!  LOL!

IMG_1714

Across the landing from the master bedroom is a big linen closet holding allot of my quilts, then the laundry room!!

IMG_1715

Not too much to look at, it is so convenient upstairs!  It has a sink and cabinets, too!!

IMG_1732

Next is the guest bathroom-  we call it Yogi’s room!!  I love it!  See?  I really am trying to get to know orange!!  LOL!!

IMG_1733

Next to it, is the guest room!!

IMG_1727

Al says it’s too girly, but I think it’s quaint!

IMG_1729

It has a great view of the back woods!

IMG_1725

We have an extra room upstairs that is pretty much empty at this point!  And then comes my sewing room!  I’ve still got a few more things to get done in my sewing room before I do the reveal!  And then the basement downstairs also has a bit more tweaking!! So that’s it for now!!

IMG_1568

Yogi is doing really well here!  He seems to have settled right in and feels quite at home!!

1signature

40 comments:

  1. Polly I love your new home..It is absolutely gorgeous. I lvo ehow you have it decorated also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home is beautiful - I could move in right now. Especially love that library. i had to give up my library when we moved to this house a few years ago and do miss being surrounded by my books. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks wonderful. My cat wants to know if Yogi needs a roomie. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely tour. Every room in your house is beautiful. I love the pretty wall colours and your decorating is lovely. I especially like the shower curtains in your guest bathroom and of course, I always look for pictures of cute, little Yogi in your post. Enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is lovely and homey. I love the Yogi shower curtain and the bedroom set and bedding in your room. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly you new home is so beautiful and I love the beautiful colors you have chosen are lovely and so warm. The kitchen is to die for and I have always wanted to try cooking on one . My son is a chef and he loves gas. It still looks pretty big to me and I have enjoyed the tour. I love that you foregone the formal living and dining room, they seem so needless anymore. I could rave on but I am sure you have heard enough. Will look forward to seeing your finished sewing room. Blessings in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tour Polly. Your house is just lovely. I love that kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Polly. It is just gorgeous. It was definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful home. It is fun moving in and making it your own. Can't wait to see the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome house! Can't wait to see the sewing room

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful home! I'm excited to see the sewing room :) Thanks for sharing all this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all beautiful, I feel like I just looked through a "Homes" magazine. I'm looking forward to the sewing room reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is so pretty! I love the Yogi shower curtain. I could go on and on. I'm also really impressed with the photography. Whenever I try to photograph my house, the pictures aren't that great. I think it is the light. The "light and airiness" of the house really comes through. I also love how you changed the formal rooms. I never feel like I have to use a certain room a specific way, but my husband is more conservative that way. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new home is beautiful and so airy. Not only do you have a good selection of quilts but a pretty selection of rugs too. Love the black and white round rug.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you for sharing your beautiful new home with us Polly.. It is gorgeous.. I love that Yogi shower curtain..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yogi's new "hairdo" looks great! I am sure you will get the topsy turvey look of the house sorted out over time. Shaping up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home is absolutely beautiful - you should be so happy there :)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you SO much for the tour! Your house is beautiful - I know you will all be so happy there! I love that you made the rooms work for you. That Yogi shower curtain is amazing - where ever did get it - or did you make it????

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous, Polly. It's definitely my dream home. May you all spend many, many happy years there...Yogi too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home is so beautiful - and I'm so very happy for you! You have really made into a warm and inviting place. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Breathtaking! Thank you for sharing. Your home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your new home is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful house ! Love it.
    And that shower curtain.....that is the greatest shower curtain I have ever seen.
    Happy Quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that is one incredible house tour starting from the foyer! What a dream house Polly! Lovely touches throughout your home. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for showing us through. Your new home is beautiful. It's so big! I'd love a house that size for my family of five.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your home took my breath away, just stunning...you have a great eye for detail!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your new house looks so lovely and spacious. Love the library idea instead of formal dining. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your home is beautiful. I love the open feel and all of the light, I am looking forward to seeing your sewing room

    ReplyDelete
  30. Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
    www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    LolsGag.Com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
    www.hotfxearnings.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
    www.hotfxearnings.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Want to Make Website or Software...? Any Type of Website and Software and Desktop and Web Based Applications.
    Want to Make Now, Just Contact us at Skype
    Skype : Jobz.Corner

    ReplyDelete
  39. aBest Business Club of Earnings, Hourly Stable Plans Like 1% Hourly for 120 Hours, Total 120% Profit within 5 Days
    EarningsClub.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)