Sunday, July 26, 2015

I am Baaaack!!

Thank you so very much for all the sweet and loving comments you all have written me over the past few weeks!!

image

Tomorrow will be three weeks since my total knee replacement surgery on my right knee.

The surgery went very well- my team of doctors and nurses in the hospital were top notch in every way!!  They took excellent care of me!

I was only in the hospital for two days.  Being confined to the first floor of my home has been a bit challenging, but I am finally past that, as well!!  The stairs are still daunting.  Going up is much easier than coming down, but I am doing both without assistance, finally!

However, I am still sleeping downstairs in my recliner chair.  I tried sleeping upstairs in my bed, but as a side sleeper, it was not relaxing or comfortable yet.  but I’m sure it will be again someday!!  Hopefully!?

Being that it is my right knee, I’ve not been able to drive myself anywhere!!  My AMAZING bee friends have driven me to my bi-weekly PT sessions and have come by to visit and bring food and keep my spirits up!!  I can never thank them enough for all their kindnesses!!

Image result for thank you dear friends

I would include a photos of my healing incision, but not a pretty sight, so have included only nice images (most from Google) in this post!!

IMG_3101

I have finished a wool appliqué’ hand stitchery project while immobilized downstairs and am hand quilting using big stitches a wall hanging!!  I am missing using my sewing machine, so hope to get back to that this week!!

IMG_2920

Take care and let me know what wonderful things you all have been doing lately!!

1signature

20 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to hear your recovery is going well and your sweet friends have helped so much. Keep it up and I can't wait to see you back at work at the sewing machine! Quilty hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Glad you are getting up and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're doing really well! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news! Welcome back, should we assume that the adorable Mr. Yogi is curled up in that recliner with you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back and on the mend. I can guess that Yogi hasn't left your side. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad it went well, and you're well on your way to recovery. I'm sure a similar surgery will be in my future. Thank goodness for friends and hand sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear all went well, Polly. I'm sure Yogi's taking good care of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're doing so well. I have to have it done and I keep putting it off . I'm scared. Well take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see what you have been stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been thinking of you and praying for a good recovery.
    I am proud of you.
    Just enjoy each day. I am sure PT is horrible (from what I have heard) So just bear with it.
    ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you are recovering from surgery and are returning to blogging. We missed you and Yogi's cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! I'm so glad it went well, I hear you on everything you said. I have had to sleep in the recliner as well for both knees. The way I was able to get back to the bed was to start with an hour or two a day maybe a nap then i was Abe to extend it and get back to sleeping in bed. I have been thinking about you, so happy for you! I want to get a T-Shirt made that says knee replacement is not for sissies LOL. Take Care ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you are doing well. Take it easy and don't over due it. Doesn't pay to push recovery. Looks like Yogi is keeping watch over you. Or at least trying to. It is hard work and everyone needs a nap once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back to the land of blogging! Glad your surgery went well and best wishes for a speedy recovery! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post made me smile, so glad you are recuperating! Hopefully you'll be sleeping in your bed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its wonderful that you are recuperating well. Won't be long until you will be able to bound up the stairs again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you are doing well! My daughter and I collected the row pattern you designed and have finished sewing it! Too cute!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. The kind thoughts and prayers are still flowing for your continued healing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know there are new techniques for knee replacements that shorten the recovery time. You seem to be doing well. Only two days in the hospital seems so fast. I was in longer than that each time. Do you have a nurse and physical therapist coming to the home?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you're getting some therapy for better/quicker activity. I'm glad I did 9 years ago. I still sleep on my side with a pillow between knees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)