Monday, January 25, 2016

Blizzard Busyness!!

Yep, not that it was EVER on my bucket list, but I've now been in a blizzard!!



I've never seen snow coming down that long and  with that much wind!  Yikes!



While snow is special and pretty...this much is a big pain in the butt!!  There's just no where to put it all...



We are all land (snow) locked here in our neighborhood!!  Everyone's drive ways and sidewalks are all cleared by us homeowners...  but our street still has 34" of snow so no one can even get out of our driveways!!



 All of which, has involved lots of hot beverages and given me lots of time to sew!!  Yeah, baby!!


If you remember, our local quilt guild has a year long UFO activity.  I turned in my list of 15 UFO's in October.  These snowed-in days have allowed me to complete five projects that I can cross off my list!!  I had completed several stitchery hand projects while stuck in my chair with the knee surgeries, that I finally finished up.  Yay!


I made small pillows that will sit nicely on my library shelves!  This one is Henny Penny!



This little pumpkin one will be great this fall!!



And this big Halloween one will come out in October!!



And this last one will be just perfect on my couch come December!!



I also finished this charm square quilt called Oops-A-Dasiy!  


Can you tell I love rickrack???  LOL!!
I designed and started this quilt before we even moved to this house...over two years ago!



so I am very happy it is finally finished!!



Yogi is not liking all this snow!!  It's so high, that when he is outside on the walk, driveway or sidewalks, he is fenced in like a tall maze... he keeps trying to find the grass...



But he is wondering what all y'all are working on these days?

21 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of snow! I don't like snow and I'm glad there were not so much snow this winter. Hope you and Yogi are safely tucked inside:-)
    PS: Love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have a lot of snow! Love seeing all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A kid and quilter's heaven! Stay warm and cozy inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely handwork. The tree with quilt blocks hanging like apples is just adorable.

    34" of snow is even a lot for us northerners that are used to big snowstorms. We had about 3" today and wind was predicted for the afternoon so a lot of local schools dismissed early. And the wind has not come up at all. We just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now 34" is a great fall of snow!!
    Love your finished UFO's!!
    Stay warm:)and Yogi too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful but that's an awful lot of beauty :) Maybe Yogi needs a small spot cleared for him where he can see the brown grass although it would probably be like a little room for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pumpkin pillow! I've just returned from Ohio back to my nice warm Florida. They did not get the blizzard, but there was lots of snow and lots of cold! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first blizzard was in Ohio - I was in college there (and there were a number of Southern kids as students there.) The Southern kids were told (warned) "We never close the college because of snow!" Okay, I thought, I can live with that.
    So the blizzard came. I went down to breakfast and the cafeteria was almost empty. I asked the cook "Where is everyone?" He said "Sleeping in, there is no class today" I asked why and he told me "Because we had a blizzard" I said, "But y'all told us you NEVER close because of snow!" He just gave me a weird look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though I know the snow can be a real pain in the butt it does look gorgeous in the photos and cools me down.....great to catch up on sew many of your gorgeous projects but do hope you can venture out in the car soon....
    Yogi looks cosy in his basket with his shaggy little quilt.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in sunny Florida so I am loving the pictures of all the snow. the little pillows are oh so cute but I have to say that Yogi is the best! Can you tell me what kind of little dog that is and does he shed a lot. I am looking for a small lap dog that will not shed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. forgot to leave my email. mary - mburnette912@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a lot of snow for all of you. yes, keep digging and hope you do not need a fire truck or an EMT. We received 3 feet here in Loudoun County Virginia. It is a lot. Our community looks walled in.
    You got a lot done. VEry good

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Polly, that's a whole lotta snow, but having lived in Chicago all my life, it's nothing I haven't seen before, but the fact that you don't even have your streets plowed, is definitely huge inconvenience. Hopefully it won't be too long before you have streets to drive on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That is so much snow! It never gets like that where I live! Love all the stitcheries - but especially Henny Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is alot of snow for those of you that aren't used to having a winter filled with snow. Here in my rural area of Illinois, it's not uncommon to have snowstorm after snowstorm after snowstorm with strong winds all winter long. We have to shovel paths and open spaces in the back yard for Dottie Dog. We shovel a big circle because she needs to be able to run and run and then find some grass, lol. Can't you just visualize us digging a track in the deep snow in the back yard? Dottie Dog says you should dig a track for Yogi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is a lot of snow. I love seeing all of the projects you have completed. I am inspired to get to my stitching, we have rain, rain and more rain here but are not stuck in our houses, just drying out again and again. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy ! Very nice projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy smokes you did have a lot of snow ... and poor Yogi ... spring is right around the corner. Hope you're recovering nicely and love all your work ... Katie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yikes! Nashville had 8" of snow and that was more than enough for me. The good news it melted quickly and I did have a few stay home days to work on projects. Looks like you made the most of yours and finished several projects.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We had more ice than snow in Charlotte, NC. Our driveway is shaded by our house and is a job to try to remove the ice. I enjoyed the time in the house, finished a project from 1990 so tackling those UFOs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. May I ask about the Halloween pillow, do you know where I can purchase this pattern? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)