Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Farm Girlish Vintage Completed!!

I have posted several times back in the summer and fall about working on my Farm Girl Vintage Sew-A-Long blocks.  


I had them all completed back in late September, but they've been taking up space on my design wall until recently.


I enjoyed making the many blocks and feel I really improved my piecing skills doing these 43 fun blocks.


I did not have the small prints needed for these blocks, so over time, I bought lots of these prints... lots of which I still have quite a bit of... so am looking for some new projects to use them in...  any ideas?


I used the design layout in Lori's book, but made my outer border 3" smaller.


I love the look of the sashing and multi colored cornerstones... although sashing tends to be a pain to do...but they do keep your rows and columns straight!


And although making all those little red flying geese took FOREVER, they really do look perfect as an inner border.


My dear friend Patty, has a long arm business and she quilted it for me using an awesome chicken wire design!!  It really made it all come together perfectly!


I made Lori's cute cow block for my label.  I love how it turned out, too!!


I am BEYOND GLAD it is all off my design wall and finished!!  Yay!  Yeehaw!!


Yogi is glad our blizzard snow is mostly melted so he can smell the grass again!!



17 comments:

  1. Your FGV is gorgeous! I really like the chicken wire quilting. I have my top are done, but have been stymied with indecisiveness regarding the quilting. Thanks for sharing. As for your left over fabrics, you could make some of the other quilts in the book or make Lori Holt's Quilty Fun row along...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love it. I've been working on the blocks as a BOM program. I think I have 6 blocks done in both sizes. I'm working in 30s fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The FGV is gorgeous and you could join in here http://www.thesplendidsampler.com/ to use up your blocks ??

    Sew nice that you can go out on the grass Yogi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful! Congrats on the finish ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! And if you loved to make this 6" blocks (and yes I love this block size too so cute) you can join the Splendid Sampler (Maria already posted the link) or make a Farmer's Wife quilt. And there's also the Moda Sampler block Shuffle https://www.bearcreekquiltingcompany.com/moda-sampler-block-shuffle-2015/. Also 6" blocks but I don't know how long you can download them for free so hurry. Hugs to Yogi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every bit of this quilt! Label is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful quilt! I love the sashing, the cornerstones, red flying geese, the label ... Love it all!

    Yogi looks such a sweetie, on his very own rag rug! OMGosh, I need to make one of these for my sweetie cat! Except it won't be denim cos we have just had a clear out and all my denim went!!!

    I've joined up to The Splendid Sampler, should be fun!

    Hugs to you and Yogi!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is just adorable. I bought the book, but that quilting fairy hasn't started it yet! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I didn't buy the book. yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful job yiu gave done. The coliur choice is so happy and bright. Makes me tempted to purchase the book and put on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute quilt. The blocks and sashing are just super, but the finishing took the quilt over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is just adorable, turned out fantastic . I was also going to suggest the Splendid sampler, I am sure it will be fun .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your finish! I love it! Yogi looks like he's sleeping so well on his cute blanket. I'm sure he's happy to have his yard back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Polly. OMG, love your FG quilt. The chicken wire quilting is a perfect finish to your wonderful job of piecing this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks awesome! I have the first 10 - 6" blocks cut out but not sewn yet. I'll get there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your quilt is beautiful. I am just getting started with mine!!!!! cant wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)