Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sewing

My hubby and I are watching the Superbowl as I write this. We are N.Y. Jets fans, so really don't care who wins....although we tend to hope the underdog wins! Speaking of dogs, my Westie Yogi is doing better today after his ACL surgery 5 days ago! Whew! It's really hard to see such a feisty active dog laying around and limping on 3 feet, but he is beginning to put it down more often and is actually putting some weight on it! YESSSSSS! :-) Here he's snoozing in my sewing room!

Every Sunday, we go to 7:30 am mass then on to breakfast at the local diner...it's our weekly "date"... he reads the paper while I read whatever novel I'm into while savoring steaming mugs of coffee and pancakes and eggs! My two sons (23 and 27) tell us we are becoming old folks!! :-) But we love our Sunday mornings!!

I hit the sewing room mid-morning and finished cutting the 2" squares for my snowman wallhanging I'm making using the fusible Pellon quilter's grid. This is what it looks like when all the squares are fused onto the grid.

Next, you sew all the seams going in one direction. I sewed all the horizontal seams first. Here's what it looks like from the back.
Now, before I can sew the vertical seams, I have to clip the sewn folded seam allowances up to the stitching. Hope you can see this in the photo.

This is as far as I got today! Hope to do more tomorrow evening after work. I've done some sewing and piecing since my shoulder surgery on 12/24/08, but have not done any quilting....that takes some serious shoulder moving for sure, so doing this small piece will be a good experiment.
Hope everyone is having a fun evening and is cozy warm! They are forecasting snow here on Tuesday....so maybe we'll get a snowday and I can finish this project! Keeping my fingers crossed! God Bless! Polly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)