Saturday, February 14, 2009

TAADAA! Two posts in one day!!

Can you believe I'm posting TWICE in one day! Amazing for me!! Well, I spent the afternoon making the purse with the big grommets for the quilt shop sample for the upcoming spring class I'll be teaching. It went together quickly, but I am disappointed in how small it is! It sure would not fit all my stuff in it!! But fabric is cute and quite springy! Love the black grommets, too. Super easy to make.



The pattern also includes a simple wallet made of two pieces of fabric from purse scraps fused together back to back then zigzagged around and stitched up the sides. Very quick and super simple...but just really for dollar bills or such.


Tonight for Valentine's Day, my husband and I went out to my favorite local Chinese restaurant- Charlie Chiang's. YUM! I had honey chicken and brought home enough for lunch tomorrow!! What a deal! And no cooking or dishwashing is ALWAYS a treat for me!! :-) Hope you had a wonderfully sweet day!!

Now, tomorrow morning I've got to get my Kaffe Fassett fabrics pulled from my stash and packed up for my Crooked Cabin workshop with Pat Sloan in the afternoon. Should be fun as my guild friends are always a treat to be with and add playing with fabric to the mix and what's not to love??

Well, it's movie time! We're going to watch "Nights in Rodanthe"...hope it's a good one. Have a restful evening! God Bless! Polly :-)

2 comments:

  1. Those are both very cute! What a great day's work! I've been plowing through the baby quilt, almost finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this tote!!! And so happy to have you in class today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)