Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Bee-utiful Day!

I want to thank all of you who so kindly sent my family and I such sweet thoughts and prayers.

 

prayers

They definitely helped us through the past sad days of preparing for and attending my dear Mother-In-Law’s funeral and burial this week.  I held your dear thoughts and prayers in my heart and they helped me more than you can know!

We got home late Thursday night and both my dear husband and I had to get up early on Friday and go to work after missing the previous three days. Even though we were both emotionally and physically tired, it was good to get back to our usual routine.

Today was our January bee day at Linda’s house.  I spent the time cutting out the Schnibbles quilt for this month.  Look on my sidebar for this button-

schnibbles-new

Click on it if you are interested in finding out what this fun year-long activity is all about!  Come on, join us!!  Soooooo Fun!!

GOOD FORTUNE

Anyhoo, I am using Kate Spain’s new collection “Good Fortune” to make this month’s Schnibble- “Full House”.

full house

So, bee today was just what my soul needed… being with dear friends, being together, doing what we all love to do-

DSCN2059

Eating, gossiping, sharing our stories, our lives…

DSCN2056

our skills and expertise, our love of fabric and design…

DSCN2058

and all things quilty!! 

Today was a GOOD day! Smile

1signature

7 comments:

  1. Good to see you had some good company and fun after having to deal the difficult stuff of life! Hope the rest of your year is good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to spend time with your lovely quilting friends after your difficult time.
    I love the Schnibbles pattern this month. Have a soft spot for houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric and ofc this pattern so I can't wait to see how it shapes up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking about doing the 'another year of schnibbles' but I have to see if my local quilt shopes carry the patterns! I don't get out of the house much, normally less than 5 hours a week, and that will be the most difficult part for me! but where there is a will...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Polly, I am so sorry to hear the sad news of your loss but I am also glad of the knowledge that you are enjoying all the loving comfort and grace you so need right now. I ask that the Lord will continue to keep his arms about you and your dear husband and family through-out this time and fill you with His peace and every good thing. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun, we all need days like this to help us feel better. Blessings Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you had such a great day. It sounds like it was just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)