Sunday, January 8, 2012

Busy Day!

My dear friend Kelly, over at Charming Chatter, has continued her “Word Up” activity for the new year of 2012!!  My word last year was “Savor”…and I did allot of savoring last year!  It’s taken me a few days to decide on a new word.  My word  finally found me today!  “Simplify”!!  As I am finally retiring from teaching at the end of this school year after 34 years in education, it will be really important for me to simplify a whole lot of my life!!  I am really looking forward to it, too!!

OK, I did think I was going to do some sewing today…sigh…it didn’t happen!  But, that was my choice, because I chose to redo my closet instead!  I always get the re-organize bug every January…  do you?  Get the urge to clean out, redo, clear out, thin out, SIMPLIFY… 

So, have you EVER seen a messier closet??

DSCN2060

Look at all those purses, totes and other junk crammed up on that shelf!!

DSCN2063

So, here are my new closet organizing bins and baskets! And Yogi’s here to help, too!!

DSCN2065

I bought some of them at Tuesday Morning and some at TJ Maxx….two great stores to putz around in!!  I do so love the “hunt”! 

DSCN2066

Anyhoo, after a few hours of sorting and tossing and re-organizing, it looks so much better…cleaner… prettier!!  YAY!

DSCN2068

And I have two bags of clothes to take to the donation center tomorrow!!  Woo hoo!!

What did you do today??  Something fun?

1signature

10 comments:

  1. Good for you...and my closet is messier. It's on my to-do list for now! I think you have chosen a great word this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There must have been something in the air. I did the major cleaning and purging in my bedroom today. Closet, dresser, nightstand. It feels so much fresher! Your closet looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on setting a date for your retirement; you will love it! Great work with the re-organising of your 'robe! I've always done 'spring cleaning' in January, probably because that's when we get the long school holidays (6 weeks) here in Australia. Stll doing it even tho' I'm retired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW !!! your closet looks great with the lovely boxes. Well done.
    I went for a lovely swim,had coffee with a friend and sat and sewed today.
    You will be doing more of this when you retire.
    Hmm !! Maybe not the swimming. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love how you feel after you've cleaned a closet? I also get the re-organize bug after Christmas. It seems once I put away the Christmas decorations, I just keep on going. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drool over the fact you HAVE a closet!!! I live in an old house and have nothing to speak of when it comes to closets! messy or other wise! Great job cleaning them up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job Polly! Your boxes are so interesting and gorgeous for keeping your nice things together and I think saw your bed in the background with a really pretty quilt on it and your poochie is so cute. I have been doing something like you just now, only not so exotic, in the kitchen and it does feel great to get things in order!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your closet, mine is messier by far....and now yours looks even more awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! very impressive effort!, now wanna' come and do it again at my house LOL!!!!
    Yes, sorting and chucking out is something that is long overdue in my closets too!!!
    Good to see Yogi in on the job too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That reorganizing bug hit me before Christmas so I did closets then but that's one of my favorite things to do - crazy, right? blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)