Sunday, November 23, 2014

Slug Here!!

I know!  I’m a blog slug!  Haven’t posted in a while!  But I have been busy!!

slug

Our local quilt guild has a new activity this year- “The UFO Challenge”.  Our guild year runs from September through June, just like the school year.  This challenge goes like this- you make a list of specific UFO’s you plan to complete this year between September and June.  When you turn in your list, you hand in $1.00 for each UFO on the list, and everyone’s money goes into a pot.  Each month, at the guild meeting, you show completed projects as you finish them, and they are checked off your list.  At the end-of-year meeting in June, you get your name in the pot as many times as UFO’s you completed.  First name pulled gets half the pot.  Second and third names pulled get 1/4 of the pot each.

IMG_3893

Four of my 15 UFO’s are Christmas quilts and I’ve completed two this month, so far!

IMG_3890

This one was a kit I bought a few years ago!

IMG_3887

I love the vintage feel of the illustrations!

IMG_3896

And I also love the tall trees on the sides made from flying geese!

IMG_3897

The fabric prints are gorgeous, too!!

IMG_3889

I free-motion quilted it with holly leaves all over!!

IMG_3870

So, mark another UFO off my list!  YAY!

IMG_2460

Yogi is looking forward to eating some turkey in a few days!!  Can you believe it’s almost Thanksgiving???

1signature

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely, Polly. I just love the Vintage Christmas panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great UFO incentives your guild has. Good job with all those gorgeous Christmas quilts! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have a little smile when I see you have a new post. I know it is going to be something good. This is a cute little quilt. I love any quilt with trees. But I love stockings too and this print is very cute. Good job on the finish. Your little doggie in the window is just too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish! I love the vintage illustrations as well as the colors and fabrics! Yogi is so cute looking out the window. My Dottie Dog says Hi to Yogi and she's watching out the window too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!! Getting UFOs finished is quite the accomplishment! Love the way your guild encourages you to get those quilts finishes - very clever and not expensive!! Your finishes are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt. I wish I had seen this panel when it was out. Just lovely. Congratulations on getting a UFO done. I need to do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)