Thursday, November 27, 2014

Cottonheaded Ninnymuggins!

OK, so if you don’t know the phrase above, you need to watch the movie “Elf”!!  I just named my last quilt “Don’t Be a Cottonheaded Ninnymuggins!”

IMG_3936

I finished the second of four Christmas quilt kit UFO’s!!  Two down, two more to go!

IMG_3933

This kit uses all Mary Engelbreit fabrics with an adorable center panel surrounded by pieced borders!

IMG_3953

It was fun to make, and relatively fast, too!

IMG_3930

I used an all-over green Christmas tree print for the backing and found a cut elf label!  Yay!

IMG_3946

Two UFO’s down, two more to go!

IMG_3951

I forgot to show you a little wall hanging I made in October for a guild challenge to use a bird applique cut out using a die from the Accuquilt GO! our guild recently bought in a quilted project.

IMG_3783

My master bathroom has several birds on wall art, so I made this wall hanging for that room.  I used one bird shape cut with the GO! and then free hand cut a few other birds, as well as branches and leaves.

IMG_3790

I love the Martha Negley oranges fabric I used for the border!  I grew up in Florida with lots of citrus trees in my back yard, which were often filled with singing birds!!   I named this quilt “Choir Practice”!

IMG_3791

I always decorate our home for Christmas beginning the day after Thanksgiving!  I had my sons bring up the tubs of decor from the basement tonight before they left to go back to their apartments, so time to put away my fall decor for another year, and get busy putting out the Christmas stuff!!

IMG_2059

So, what are you all up to this weekend?

1signature

10 comments:

  1. Both projects are lovely, Polly. I love the centre Santa panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects, I especially love your bird wallhanging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both, but that bird wall hanging is wonderful. Yogi looks like maybe he doesn't want to be decorated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polly love all your quilts especially the Christmas one! Where did you purchase the kit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love the colors in that 1st quilt- and CUTE label!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great quilts!! Your works always makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure have missed your fine stitchings...very vintage, very sweet, colourful well you

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely. Really gets one in the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your Christmas Quilt; great pieced borders! Fun and vibrant colors. Also, you did a great job on the bird quilt. Can't tell which birds you free hand cut; compared to the Go cut appliques. Perfect fabric choice to border the little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects! Isn't it nice to have finished quilts? I love your Santa "We Believe" quilt. I would like to make that quilt (I already have Nancy's book) but did not think about making just make one block. Thanks for the inspiration! PS Love that Yogi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)