Monday, December 8, 2014

Where Does the Time Go?

I told you about the UFO activity our local quilt guild in a previous post.  I have four Christmas quilt kits on that list, and now I’ve finished three of them.  Yay!!  This was one of them that I showed you before-

IMG_3893

The corners cut off the tree flying geese units were saved and sewn together to make half square triangles.  I used those scraps and some others to make this little table runner for my foyer.

IMG_4026

I LOVE it when leftovers come together so perfectly…

IMG_4027

and fill an empty space so well!!

IMG_4029

The third UFO quilt is a gift, so I can’t post pictures of it until after it’s been given!!

IMG_4039

I also made this cool little sewing organizer.

IMG_3927

It’s called The Beatle Bag from Abbey Lane quilts.

IMG_3920

I’ve not filled it yet with sewing thread, scissors, needles, etc…

IMG_3926

And, I needed a quilt for the hall wall hanger for the Christmas season.

IMG_3965

I used bits and pieces from Nancy Halvorsen’s book- “Christmas Favorites” to create my own Santa wall quilt!

IMG_3973

I used only stash to make this, which really makes me happy!!

IMG_3970

And I especially LOVE the curly print I used for the beard and mustache!!  I quilted on the curly lines and it looks GREAT!!

IMG_3978

I’m thinking I finally have all the Christmas decorations I need for our new home!  YAY!

IMG_3977

So, are you super busy getting gifts made/bought for family and friends?

IMG_3972

Yogi is really excited about the holiday season!!  LOL!!

1signature

8 comments:

  1. Great finishes, Polly. I love your We Believe Santa. The beard looks wonderful. Good to see Yogi getting so excited! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous finishes.. Nice table ruNnRe and I do like the bauble and stocking fabric you used...
    The Santa wall hanging looks really great.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects and the We Believe is so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love all your Christmasy quilts! Especially the first one! Your home looks amazing with all your special quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on all your Christmas Quilts and decor. You are ready and decorated for Christmas. Everything looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ALL your Christmas projects but the Santa wallhanging is my favorite. Isn't it great when you can use your stash and your project turns out great! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finishes--I love Christmas quilts and any handmade Christmas decorations. Adds that extra special touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really really love your Christmas quilts! Been shopping, baking, decorating and sewing when I really just want to be relaxing like Yogi, but there's just so much to get done, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)