Monday, April 20, 2015

Mary Engelbreit

I love Mary Engelbreit!   I always have!

(image from Google)

I love her whimsy and use of bright colors mixed with black and white.

IMG_4511

My sewing room in our previous house was decorated all in Mary Engelbreit stuff!!

DSCN1711

And I’ve been collecting Mary Engelbreit fabrics for years!!

IMG_4507

So, I saw a scrappy friendship quilt on Pinterest made with a large panel and smaller squares received in an exchange between friends.

IMG_4510

And fell in love with it!!

Such a great way to use up my stash of her old and new fabrics!!

IMG_4513

Many of the fabrics have been out of print for years, so I wanted to use a bit of all of them!!

IMG_4533

I loved making it!  I found I had as many black background fabrics as light ones, so I arranged my fabrics in a checkerboard design alternating the dark and light fabrics!

IMG_4512

I put the large panel off center in a lower corner so that it would be displayed when the quilt is folded and draped over a chair!!

IMG_4534

I quilted it all over in a simple meander as the quilting design would not show up much due to how busy the various prints are!!

IMG_4551

I added large red rickrack and smaller black rickrack around the panel and added doubled buttons in the corners!!

IMG_4554

The resulting quilt is super fun!!!

IMG_4555

A scrapbook quilt showing off years of collecting Mary Engelbreit fabrics!

IMG_4553

My husband and I are going on a Mediterranean cruise in a few weeks, so I’ve stopped working on quilts to make some new clothes for the trip!

IMG_4603

What are you working on this week  Something fun??

1signature

20 comments:

  1. very nice adorable and super cute!
    I love M.E. too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too!!! Your little quilt is SO CUTE!!!! I just love visiting here, I am so inspired! You should sell patterns!
    Now, once my blog hop is over tomorrow, I will be in the same "boat" no pun intended..I need some WORK clothes!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I was feeling kind of blue this morning, and then came along your AWESOME blog. What a day brightener. I love anything Mary also, and to see what you have done and your (my most favorite blog) made me all happy. I enjoy everything you do so much, and I can't wait to open my mail, and see something from you. You are truly an inspiration. Enjoy your vacation, but hurry back so I can look forward to your blogs.
    May you always be blessed...My love to you and Yogi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big ME fan too! I know I have lots of those fabrics in my stash but I don't think I have the panel...hmmmm...what to do... I'll mull it over but you make me want to break out the ME stash right now! Thanks for sharing! happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt. I have always liked Mary Engelbreit but did not collect the fabrics. Your finished quilt is really fabulous. Have a great time on your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh Polly, I love, love, love the quilt. I love ME too but have only collected a few of her fabrics. I especially love how you have the panel off center so you can show it off when you fold it. I never think of those things!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Polly, I love your ME panel quilt. I'm also a ME fanatic. My most treasured ME item is a ceramic scottie dog cookie jar. I first saw it in a gift shop in Branson and couldn't justify buying it at the time, so I pushed it back onto the shelf. The following summer I was in the same shop and the cookie jar was still there, but 35% off. You know it came home with me! Thank you for sharing your ME collection. Everything is the epitome of DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! What a wonderful way to use your collected fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some these pieces in my stash and have wanted an idea to put it to use!! Thanks so much for your wonderful ideas and your vision!! I love to check out your blog to see what you are working on...thanks for sharing with the rest of us!! Enjoy your trip....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does Yogi get to go?!! LOL My DH has been gone 2 1/2 yrs. now and I miss cruising with him but think my fav was the Medi. cruise we took. His father had immigrated from Italy and we did a cruise that stopped at a few ports in Italy in addition to France (we did Monaco!), Spain and Croatia. SO awesome!! I know you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous quilt and I love the way you used the Ric rac around the panel...
    Have a fabulous holiday...
    Who is going to babysit Yogi??

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a good use for the Mary E. fabrics. I don't have any but think it is cute as can be. Just never could think of anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilt! Have a great time on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your little quilt. I loved your old sewing room decorated in the Mary E' fabric. It looked so cozy! I'm loving that roller blind you have under the shlf and pulled down. What an ingenious idea. I am going to make myself one. Any hints/tips on making it?
    Enjoy your cruise!! I've never been on a cruise but hopefully once we are free from caregiving my MIL, we can do some cruising of our own.
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your little quilt. I loved your old sewing room decorated in the Mary E' fabric. It looked so cozy! I'm loving that roller blind you have under the shlf and pulled down. What an ingenious idea. I am going to make myself one. Any hints/tips on making it?
    Enjoy your cruise!! I've never been on a cruise but hopefully once we are free from caregiving my MIL, we can do some cruising of our own.
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always loved Mary Engelbreit too! Your quilt is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love ME too! And I also have collected her fabrics, you are giving me good ideas as to using them up! Have a great time on your trip. Hope you get to Greece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)