Sunday, May 1, 2016

I'm Still Here!!

I really must apologize!  I've been busy and have not posted in a longgg time.  But I really had no idea how very long it actually had been since I had posted, until I looked!  Holy cow!!  Over a month!!  My BAD!




 I have been busy!  So much to show you!! First, I made a memory quilt for a family friend whose husband passed away.  She sent me his dress shirts and I cut them up and made nine patches.  I have this photo of it pin basted...


and this photo of the label, but that's it.  I forgot to take a photo of it completed!


I bought this little Kaffe quilt kit from Craftsy on a great sale.  I needed some mindless sewing, after making the memory quilt.


The fabrics came pre-cut, so I just had to use some for the half-square triangles, then lay out the rest.


I love the colors and quilted it straight cross-hatching lines with my walking foot!  I like how it turned out allot!!


I made eight mini bee wall hangings for bee friend birthdays.


I used Lori Holt's bee pattern from her first book Quilty Fun, added borders
and free-motioned "Bee Welcome" on them!  So we can all hang them on our door when bee is at our house!  Yay!  


My sister needed some springy things to decorate her new apartment, so I pulled out this old pattern from my past and made her a bunny!



Our guild had a fun Crayon Challenge.  We all pulled a crayon out of a bag.


You were to make something, anything you choose, using your crayon color plus one other color.  So, I used the crayon's hot pink color and orange!


I made four tool stands that you can take to retreats or workshops.


Then with the leftover fabrics, I made six water bottle carriers, all were donated to our guild fundraiser sale. 


If you have wasted vertical space in your sewing room, this door over the door organizer I got online at Nancy's Notions, is a great way to store rolls of stabilizer and fusibles and such!!


And guess who had a birthday yesterday??  Yep!  Yogi turned 15 yesterday!!  Our sweet little old man!!


Well, I've got more stuff to share, but need to stop now and get this posted!  I promise to post again very soon!!  Thanks for sticking with me!!

17 comments:

  1. It has been a while since I made my last visit and it was fun to see all of the projects you have worked on. It was so nice of you to make the memory quilt and I love the small quilt from the kit. Our dog is 13 now and is slow moving, she actually looks old, your Yogi doesn't look old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Yogi! 15 years are a lot for a dog but I'm sure you have a few more years. Love everything you've made but can you tell me why there are confetti dots on your bee quilt? Is it for quilting? Hope you are well and wish you a great May:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you. I've been researching ideas for a guild challenge, and I like the crayon idea. All your bright colors are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Yogi. Ollie and I send our best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a busy girl! Love the memory quilt.
    Happy Birthday Yogi, you are ageing well:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Yogi! I'm so glad to see the two of you back and doing so well. I think you lucked out in the crayon challenge, matching those two colors made some gorgeous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Yogi - woof woof from your friend down under Snowy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Yogi! Love that little guy! 🎉 🎂

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew pleased to see you post... You sure have been busy and I understand having to do a mindless project after the Memory Quilt. Love the challenge projects .......
    Happy Birthday from Lacy Yogi...

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very kind of you to make your friend a quilt with her husband's shirt parts. A good memory for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have my dad's memory quilt in the works, but I'm finding it very difficult to work on. Love all the things you've been busy making. Happy Happy Birthday Yogi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Yogi!
    Am a new fan and dying to know where to get the patterns for the tool stand & water bottle carriers; also, do you design/make or buy the labels ?? Beautiful work and gorgeous colors; thank you for sharing your creativity! Bobi D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You have been busy! And such lovely things too! Love the tool stand - that would be very handy. And your bee welcome gifts are super. Big Happy Birthday to Yogi! He is looking adorable as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to read your post and catch up. You've been a busy lady and I'm glad to see Yogi. 15? Westies never seem to show their age. It's hard to believe that my Julep and Derby are 8 and 7 respectively.

    All the best ... Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly have no problem keeping busy! All of your projects are wonderful. I know your friend was delighted with her memory quilt. My goodness, her husband was so young, bless her heart! I love the bright colors you used in your challenge projects. I made one bottle chattier and didn't fancy sewing the little circle in the bottom, and stopped at one! Happy belated birthday, Yogi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your finished projects and Yogi too! Do you know the name of the pattern for the tool stand, it looks like a great pattern. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  17. In case anyone else is interested the tool stand is a pattern available on Craftsy by Sew Together called Tooly Tool Holder Easel. I am always thankful when someone posts the pattern name. Let's give these pattern designers a boost!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)