Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Sew amd Tell

I received this cool little tuffet pin cushion kit as a gift from a dear bee friend.


I used my Mary Engelbreit fabric scraps to make the pieced top.


I found the little drawer pull knobs for the feet at Hobby Lobby.


It was a fun and easy project!!  I collect pin cushions, so it's just perfect for my sewing room, even though I always make a mess in my room when I'm pulling fabrics from my stash to audition for new projects!  Do you do that, too?


I made a second one, using blues and greens and purple Kaffe scraps from my stash.  Soooo absolutely MY colors...


These are the colors in my bedroom, so I used an old wooden candle holder to mount the top on!!


I'm using it in my bedroom on my dresser to hold my wearable pins!!


My older son needed something dynamic to put on his bedroom wall over his bed in his new apartment.


I made this quilt, which I named "Focal Point", in his bedroom colors.


Super easy using big half square triangles just sketched out on paper!!  


I am really into fabric with writing on it these days, and I had this one fabric that was dialog spoken between kids... like "I'm gonna tell Mom" and "Mom"!!


I thought it was very appropo for a quilt for him!!  LOL!!


I finished the hand embroidery on the summer season stitchery, but still have to do the patchwork and put it together!  So stay tuned!!


Yogi wants to know what you are sewing on these days!!

13 comments:

  1. I love your cute little tuffet pincushions. Cutest thing I've seen in a long time. Your son's quilt is awesome! Very bold and graphic, perfect for a young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful post to read first thing in the morning with my first cuppa! Those tuffet pincushions are amazing and your hardware is so clever. What son wouldn't be pleased with such an awesome Wallhanging? It's perfect! I also enjoyed looking beyond your featured projects and seeing your other creations in the background. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pincushions are so cute, but I'm really in love with the quilt you made for your son. So bright and graphic, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pincushions are super. Hey Yogi! Snowy says hey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous Tuffets Polly. Love the way you mounted them both...
    You son is sew lucky to have a clever mum to make home a great Blockley wall hanging...
    You look very comfy Yogi..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh don't you hate auto spell check......
    Should have read. " clever Mum to make him a nice blokey quilt"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings to Yogi from Miles and Pierro the cornish kitties.
    Polly all of your projects are stellar! Each one more beautiful than the next, or all beautiful.
    So, my sewing room looks just like this. I also have a closet where I hide my UFOs
    and up stairs, is the major storage area for stuff I am not using like drawers of findings, zippers etc
    Boy, this post made me happy.
    Your sons wall hanging is epic beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that text fabric. I can still hear my kids saying those things to each other! That wall hanging is just wonderful and I am sure your son will love it. Yogi looks so peaceful on his quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen cuter pincushions than your tuffets...simply adorable. The quilt for your son is perfect in every way, especially the fabric with text! Yes, I do the same thing to my room when I pull fabrics. I just spent most of the day straightening up after one of my fabric frenzies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pincushions are beautiful, I especially love the Mary E. fabrics. Your son will love his new wall hanging and how lucky he is to have something made with love from the heart. Thank you for sharing, I love to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this new quilt for son, beautiful...love the fabric choice...brilliant...and the pincushion...a treasure..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the very cute Mary Engelbreit fabric pincushion that you put together! What a wonderful project. Thanks for sharing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your ideas. Please tell us more about the flannel wall that looks like it pulls down from the shelf, like a window shade.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)