Thursday, December 22, 2016

Yikes! Where did December go??

I am a BAD blogger!!  And I do apologize for being such a slug!!  I simply cannot figure out where November and December went??


I know part of not blogging is that I only write my blog posts on my laptop...which I rarely ever even turn on anymore...  I have a cool Zaggs keyboard attached to my iPad and pretty much only use that.  I need to figure out how to post from an iPad.  Anyone do this?  Please give me tips and tricks and what app you use! 
Well, lots to share! Since I last posted, I went on a four day quilt retreat with over forty guild members in the mountains of West Virginia.  It was ever so fun and productive!!  I completed a pumpkin quilt top (still not quilted yet), did some applique on my Cozy Christmas blocks and worked on our guild mystery quilt.  None of which is completed yet, so no pix yet!
This year, I fell in love with trees in trucks for Christmas, so I made this little wall quilt for my sister for Christmas  


and I made a larger one for me.  It is all sandwiched and pinned and ready to quilt.


I've been wanting to find a china cabinet to fit a space in my morning room, but could not really find just what I was looking for.  Then I found this cabinet at a consignment store for a really good price.


Solid oak, but the golden color was too light to go with the other furniture pieces in that room, so I darkened the stain and also painted the doors black.  


I really LOVE how it turned out!!  It matches the other pieces perfectly and also shows off my black and white dishes just spectacularly!!  I am so happy with it!


I had been given this cool scarecrow pattern and embellishment kit years ago, and I finally got it made!!  Yay!!  


I always love the fall colors up against royal blue!  Just really makes those golds and oranges and red really pop!!


And the last few weeks, I've been super busy making handmade bee gifts!!  


For one bee group, I made seven quilt drafting notebooks with a ruler, mechanical pencil and colored pencils inside.


And for the other bee group, I made us all covers, mats with pockets, thread catcher and pin cushion, and an inside machine bed pad, 


and tiny Dresden plate spool pin doilies 



for our featherweight machines using a fat quarter bundle of 30's prints.


Of course, I have more adorable photos of our new grandson, Neal!!


He is now 11 weeks old!  And soooo cute!


He smiles readily and is discovering his hands and what they can do!!


And he will be here tomorrow with his parents for Christmas!!  We are soooo excited!!


I know when they get here, time will fly again, and I'll be too busy to post until after New Years!  So I hope you and yours have a most wonderful Christmas and a very blessed New Year!  


And Yogi and I will try to post more often in 2017!!  Promise!!


16 comments:

  1. That baby just melts your heart! He's so cute! I used to blog using my iPad and my Zagg keyboard, but lately I've been having trouble with the Blogger app just closing without warning. So I've been using my laptop again. Blogger on my phone works OK but I don't have as much control over my picture sizes on my iPhone or iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with all Sara says re blogging on the iPad... laptop is still the best way to blog...
    You have been sew busy making gorgeous gifts for your sister, bee friends and guild friends.. lucky ladies.

    Neal is just sew cute and growing sew quickly..
    Enjoy Christmas with the family and a Happy New Year...
    Hugz Maria and a big pat for Yogi too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy.. Thanks for sharing and hope you and yours have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see you back. I knew you have been so busy with Christmas and your new grandson. Our Christmas has been dampened by a catastrophic medical diagnosis for our Scottie Olive. This will be our last Christmas with her.

    Wishing you and your a wonderful Christmas celebration. It's great your family will get to be together. Wishing you a wonderful 2017 also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss you! Happy holidays and happy sewing. Love all your projects and love little Neal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and enjoy every precious moment with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You've been super busy! I LOVE the truck quilts and those bee gifts are awesome! Your bee friends are going to feel so special to get those.
    And the baby is adorable! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I definitely would not call that being a slug. It always amazes me how folks can take old furniture and make it beautiful. I have a table in the front entry that I'd like to make red but I'm scared! HA And I remember those patterns like your scarecrow. Too cute! Lots of great gifts you've made up there and Neal IS SO CUTE! Have fun with him and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! So much to love in your post today! First off, your grandson is adorable! I just LOVE your wall quilt! Can you please tell me where you got the pattern? I love the sewing machine accessories and the Dresden spool pads are so cute! I LOVE Dresden anything! I have to admit to being green with envy over your GORGEOUS furniture transformation!!! Your success is drawing me closer to attempting a transformation on one of my own pieces! Have a WONDERFUL holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My welcome back along with the other comments. I too think Neal is aa love. Lucky you to have family coming. See you in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were no slug at all you managed to make a lot of beautiful things! And like you I can't really tell were November and December went time sure flies by.
    Your grandson is getting even more adorable he's a really cute baby.
    Wishing you, your family and Yogi a Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Polly....been missing you, but happy to see that you've just been busy doing what you love to do. That cabinet is so beautiful, and everything you did, just improved the heck out of it, and I love your B&W dishes, so pretty. Little Neal is really cute, and think his hair is a real hoot. One of our great grandchildren had hair all over the place, some curly, some straight, but it all turned out ok. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and I know most of your time wil be spent playing and squeezing hugging and kissing your new grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very busy time of year so don't be too hard on yourself! It seems that you have been plenty busy. I love the tree in trucks quilts. Did you draw up the pattern? So cute. Your furniture redo is also beautiful as are your black and white dishes! Enjoy every minute of your time with your grandson! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always good to hear from you (and all your works!). Neal is a doll and certainly this Christmas will be extra special so enjoy and we'll see you in the New Year! Merry Christmas to you and to Yogi!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your whole post. You have been busy! Loved the red truck quilts....did you make up the pattern? Also your featherweight covers and accessories are over the top cute! Lastly, grandson...enjoy...one of the best things in life❣

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)