Saturday, May 19, 2018

Life Goes On...

Thank you so much for all your kind words regarding sweet Yogi.  I still tear up when I think of him, which is all the time.  He is still so very missed... but sadly, life does go on.


Our new little Piedmont Modern Quilt Guild chapter, is participating in a challenge from the Virginia Quilt Museum, and I have a quilt in the challenge which will be displayed all summer.  We were to look at the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt of 1858 below, and make a mini-quilt, inspired in some way by it!


So, I took the circle flower block circled in purple as my inspiration.  


I decided that those flowers have been running around in a circle for over a hundred and fifty years now, and they are DONE with it all!  They have broken the circle and are running for the valley, which is what I named it!  


I quilted lots of fun words into the background like RUN, HURRY UP, LET'S GO,  RUN FOR THE VALLEY!!  I had so much fun making it!!  So if you happen to visit the Virginia Quilt Museum this summer, look for it there!!  Woo hoo!! 


And I fell in love with a house quilt designed by Tilda!  


So I pulled my own colorway- a wintry selection of blue and purples and light greens, and made this!!


I am soooo tired of red and greens come January, that I like to only decorate with blues and purples and whites!


And this one will be just perfect for next winter for sure!!


So, what are you sewing on this late spring?

13 comments:

  1. It's very hard getting over losing a faithful friend like your beloved Yogi.. Lots of hugs.

    Your mini looks fantastic and I like the way you opened the circles and quilted lots of perfect words. Love that background fabric and I see you used it on your gorgeous Blues/Greens and Purple Houses quilt.

    Hmm! I can't seam to settle on one thing sew been playing with lots of blocks for different projects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of a traditional block. How clever to quilt those words in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know about Yogi's passing. I am sad and sorry. I know your heartache.
    That is the fine print when we have and love and adore our animabibbles.
    I miss all of the kitties I ever owned.

    Your quilting is beautiful I love the flowers and the houses.
    I am praying for your healing. It took me a long time to stop crying after Pierro died only two years ago. I still hurt when I think of him.

    Enjoy this humid day. I have to trim some stupid bushes in the yard, and other yard duties. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not ever remove Yogi's pictures from the header. He was such a doll

      Delete
  4. So very sorry to catch up with your blog today and learn of the passing of your beloved Yogi. My thoughts are with you and your family as I know how heart breaking it is to have such a dear friend and companion no longer in your life. Hugs to you today as you remember all the wonderful years you had with Yogi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about you and I understand your heartache. My sweet Sophie has been gone three years and I still miss her everyday. I truly hope all your wonderful memories of your sweet Yogi will help comfort you. Your quilts are wonderful. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An unusual background for the Shenandoah block. I like your choice for the background very much. It gives it a more outdoor look. I don't know any other way to explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so hard to lose a sweet pet, we lost our dog Emmy about a year ago and still miss her. Your quilts are both lovely. I love your use of color in the house quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We never stop missing our beloved fur babies. Yogi was a sweetheart. Hey, can you tell me where you got Tilda's pattern? I found it online but shipping from England is GAH!! Triples the cost of the pattern. Hoping you found it here somewhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you think you will get another Westie one day?
    Hope you will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it isn't too painful, I'd like to continue to see Yogi's pics. Like you houses and like Sherrill, I'd like to know where to purchase the pattern.....in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about Yogi's passing they leave such a void in our lives when they are gone. Your quilts are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing with everyone. I know everything about you. It's great and it's great.
    ภาคอีสาน

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)