Monday, September 17, 2018

Bloggers Quilt Festival 2018

Amy's Creative Side is once again holding her annual Bloggers Quilt Festival.  Click on the links in this post to go to her site and check out all the awesome quilts being posted there!!  So, these two quilts in this post are my two for the festival!


My older son, AJ and his new wife, Meredith, were married the first week of June this summer!  I made this quilt for them for their wedding gift!


They like more modern designs, so I thought this pattern by Zen Chic was one they would like!


I quilted their names and the date of their wedding in the red ampersand.


Aren't they a handsome couple??


This next quilt is hanging in my powder room now.  I made it earlier this summer.  


The bicycle is from a Pat Sloan pattern, but then I added the tall sunflowers with button embellishments and the flag blocks and the pinwheel blocks.


My summer decor is patriotic with a touch of sunflowers!  I am happy with how it turned out!



Make sure you go here to check out all the wonderful quilts posted on the Bloggers Quilt Festival site!!
                  So, what are you up to this week?  Are you making something fallish?  


15 comments:

  1. They are a very handsome couple and I bet they will make beautiful grandchildren for you! (no pressure though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are stunning. But the wedding quilt is so clever and so eye catching. Wow! And yes - a very handsome couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom quilt is cute. I'm calling it the bathroom quilt.HA! The couple are cute. I really like the modern wedding quilt. It gives me an idea. hmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a lovely couple and what a perfectquilt you made for them.
    Beautiful "Fall" Quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of the brown buttons on the sunflowers.
    The bride and groom make a very handsome couple. The quilt in the neutrals a very good gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They certainly are a handsome couple, and your son has very piercing blue eyes that immediately drew my attention. They will make very good looking children for you to spoil Polly. The modern quilt is a stunner and I'm sure they are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Poll! I just love, love, LOVE your son & DIL's quilt. It is just fabulous! Yes, they are a very handsome couple, and I wish them all the best. I'll bet they love and adore your quilt as well!! I also enjoy your wall hanging - I need to make a bicycle-themed hanging for my boss. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wedding quilt - how special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lovely couple and your quilt are awesome! I love your décor in your bathroom, also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wedding quilt! And congratulations on your expanding family. Your quilting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of talent went into your wedding quilt....such a strong visual impact, very appealing!

    LuAnn Kessi in Western Oregon
    https://luannkessi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)