Monday, May 27, 2013

“Soul”ful Table Set

I bought 2 packs of charm squares from Amy Butler’s “Soul Blossoms” collection on Etsy a while back.

Amy Butler SOUL BLOSSOMS 5" Fabric Quilting Squares Westminster Fibers

I already made a quilt from a jelly roll of this collection a few years back…

DSCN0872

But I really love these fabrics in these colors!!

DSCN3794

So, I had to buy a bit more and make something else!!

DSCN3792

The colors and modern design will be a perfect fit in my new house!!

DSCN3798

So, I made a set of six simple placemats

DSCN3793

and a small table runner.

DSCN3797

The backing fabric is a feather print from Martha Negley, another favorite designer!

DSCN3795

And these fabrics really begged for some orange, too!

DSCN3800

Waddudink?

DSCN3802

Whatcha doing this Memorial Day??

1signature

13 comments:

  1. I'm finishing a few projects. I insist. Finished a purse, will finish my bee row along quilt, last border and something else. Not sure but keep on sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. drool! nice projects :-)
    we're having a pot luck in the cul de sac this afternoon/early evening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your new placemats and table runner out of the charms squares fabrics by Amy Butler. they will look fabulous in your new home..
    I did not work on any stitching to as I was driving home from the Craft Show and bloggers meet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous as usual Polly. Enjoying keeping up with you home progress. Getting ready to grill some chicken and veggies for supper.

    vail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects Polly. Those fabrics are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous..I love Soul blossoms.. I just finished a quilt with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your new house will be a beautiful representation of who you are: A very talented person with SPARKLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the feather fabric you used! How cool is that? No sewing for me today but I met up with an on-line quilting friend who filled my car with plants from her garden. I got to play in the soil all day! Soil, plants, fabric and thread, all so good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty table set!

    Not doing much as I'm suffering from a pinched nerve in my neck. We did take time out this morning to attend a Memorial Day Ceremony. Hubby and I are also celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having problems with iPad stopped in middle of comment. I love your placemats and runner they will be beautiful in your new home.I love Amy Butler's fabric and the orange is so modern looking. Our holiday was last weekend but happy Memorial Day to all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your projects! Beautiful fabrics. Hubby took me fishing for a couple hours today. Didn't sew, though, as I had planned to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done a lovely job with your placemats, the fabrics are beautiful, and yes I do love the backing feather fabric! Very nice work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)