Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter, Y'all!!


Such a family filled calm lazy day! My younger son, Anthony, 23, is home from Virginia Tech for the weekend. We got up early and went to 7:30am Mass. My older son, A.J., 26, and his girlfriend Susan, met us there and we all went out to breakfast at our local Silver Diner. It is sooooo nice to be surrounded by my boys! I don't have a very recent photo of them, but this one was taken on vacation 2 years ago in Vegas. That's my dear husband, Al!


So, came home after breakfast, Al walked Yogi, Ant went back to bed- you know those college kids never get enough sleep, and I started the laundry! For dessert today, now that Lent is over and we can eat some, I made a new coffee cake recipe from the Barefoot Contessa. Just took it out of the oven... smells great... gotta wait for it to cool before taking it out of the pan and drizzling a glaze over it. I will be surprised if it stays uncut by dinner!



What are you making for Easter dinner today? Do you have a traditional meal? Ham? I am making stuffed Cornish game hens! My fav! Yumm!! Don't have to start making the meal until around 4:30, so now I have time to head up to the sewing room and work on some more of those new spring tops! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I pray you all have a wonderful Easter with family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome bunch of men Polly!! I know what you mean about having your kids there. I always love it when all of my come home at one time. All the visiting a stories. It's great. I got invited out to a friends for Easter dinner after after church so I didn't have to cook. I'll be cooking next weekend when my fam comes for a visit. I'm trying out some new recipes that I found -- where else --- on the Internet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)