Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quilt Retreat, Here I Come!!

This weekend, starting tomorrow, is our Centreville Quilters Unlimited quilt guild retreat in Winchester, VA. This week I've been getting stuff ready to take on retreat. I like to have everything all cut out and ready to sew when I get there. I just finished cutting out a quilt kit I bought from Connecting Threads. Pretty, huh? I just really love the baskets made with alternating that cool striped fabric.



All I have left to do is cut out the flower applique pieces that I traced on fusible and ironed onto the different fabrics...which I will do as soon as I post this!

I've got a UFO to bring to finish, too. I've had all the blocks done from the jelly roll pattern called "Field of flowers" finished for months. I've laid them out on my design wall and have them stacked in piles of rows and will put it all together at the retreat. The fabric line I used for it is "Roman Holiday" by Moda. It will be so pretty when it gets done! Can't wait to get this UFO out of the drawer.



We have so much fun at retreat. The meals are great there and the best part is that we don't have to cook them or clean them up! Yippee skippee!! See you in a few days! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)