Thursday, April 2, 2009

A NEW DIAGNOSIS!!!

I have several subscriptions to quilting magazines. I got my new American Patchwork and Quilting magazine yesterday, the June 09 issue. One of the editors discussed a new quilting syndrome- and I definitely have it! It's called SABLE which stands for

Stash

Accumulation

Beyond

Life

Expectancy


I think some of you might also have this syndrome, too, right? I think if I made a quilt every week for the rest of my life, I'd still have stash left... and that is why I am sooooo trying to use up stash this year instead of buying more fabric.


I definitely have not bought as much fabric so far this year, but I will be honest, I've not been able to resist buying a few things, though.

I joined the Stashbuster Yahoo group and those gals are SERIOUS about not buying more fabric. They have a UFO Queen and everything. They don't mess around! It's a fun group!

So, stash and scrap clubs are popping up at quilt shops everywhere and with good reason in this scary economy. Have you changed your fabric buying in this economy? Do you have a system for saving and organizing your scraps? Do you deal with scraps after cutting out a quilt project or toss them into a drawer or bin and deal with them later when the bin is overflowing and taking over your sewing room? Do you have a favorite scrap quilt book? Leave me a comment and share your stash scraps management system! We can all learn from your creative solution to our SABLE symptoms! God Bless! Polly :-)

3 comments:

  1. I don't have just a whole lot of scraps -- I divide them into two bins - one for quilts and one for everything else (purses/totes/etc.) Not very original but for now it works for me:)

    vail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have a whole store in there! I have some stash, and REALLY try not to buy unless I'm needing a certain fabric color that I don't have...it ain't easy! For trying to bust scraps, I joined a block lotto, whether I win or not is irrelevant, I am at least using up scraps every month and if I win, that's fine. I make laps for the kids or baby quilts whatever with the winnings. I really need a redo in my sewing room...it's too cluttered to make me comfortable in there so very little is being done except for lotto blocks :) Need to get my behind in gear and get going...my kids want lots of quilts to go around when I am gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is serious stash...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)