Thursday, August 30, 2012

August Schnibble Done!!

(Go HERE for previous post’s givaway!)

I really enjoyed making the Schnibble for this month.

DSCN2839_wm

I’ve not pieced sashing before so it was a new experience!

DSCN2841_wm

A really fun one!  Woo hoo!

DSCN2842_wm

I made it from the “School Days” collection from American Jane.

DSCN2843_wm

So, it fits right in with my September school décor!

DSCN2845_wm

Yogi loves it, too!!

DSCN2847_wm

There’s not a quilt anywhere he doesn’t want to get up on!!

DSCN2849_wm

I like to take the photos out on the deck in natural light, and he loves to snooze out there!!

DSCN2855_wm

Do you like the black rickrack and star buttons I added?

DSCN2857_wm

I wanted some new school themed throw pillows for my couch and two chairs in the family room…

DSCN2858_wm

so, I took some teacher tote bags I had for years and ripped them apart,

DSCN2864_wm

backed them with some fun teacher prints from my stash and made 4 pillows!!

DSCN2852_wm

Yogi wants to know what you’ve been up to lately???

1signature

17 comments:

  1. I love the black rick rack. It really sets the quilt off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture with Yogi cocking his head to the side is precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good use of your retired tote bags! No sense in letting them lay around, they are used to the work. I like the quilt, rickrack and label, all so fun ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful Schnibbles Quilt. Great job. Woo Hoo, we need a Completed Quilt Celebration Party.

    And, Yogi looks so cute with this quilt too - as always.


    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rick rack idea -- my top is done but not quilted --hopefully I can get it done this weekend :)
    Dorothy in IL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute quilt. I love the rick rack...Just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely quilt Polly. I really love doing peiced borders. great way to use up fabrics.

    Hi Yogi I haven't been doing much lately. Only small things...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the black ric rac. Nice idea for dealing with the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The trim and hearts make this one really special. Great idea for a finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilt, great work. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay the quilt was cute enough... and then your little pooch got in the picture and now I am totally in love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to use the rick rack by the order. School Days fabric is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a ric rac fanatic and so I spied that right away! I LOVE it along with the buttons. Awesome Schnibble!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I (sadly) didn't get my Schnibble done this month but, of all those posted, yours is my favorite. The fabrics you used, along with the rickrack, really made the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a really cute quilt! I love the back to school theme :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)