Friday, August 3, 2012

Pets on Quilts 2012

You were expecting NOT to see my sweet Yogi on a quilt when that is where he is most of the time?? Smile

DSCN2720

I decided to show off an older quilt this year!  This watermelon log cabin quilt was made back in 2005… boy does time fly!!

DSCN2733

I put this quilt out every summer!  It has a very lightweight batting inside, so it does occasionally get used when the AC is too cool!!

DSCN2716

It was a scrap quilt for the most part…but I did buy the fabrics for the two outer borders and the fun picnic fabric complete with ants for the backing, especially for this quilt.

DSCN2723

I quilted it with variegated red, green and white thread… probably designed for Christmas quilts…but it worked perfectly on this quilt!!

DSCN2735

My favorite part of this quilt, though, is the free-hand / free-motion writing in the thin black inner border…

DSCN2736

Here’s what all I wrote in that border-

“ It’s time for picnics and lemonade, beach parties and sand castles and the smell of Coppertone on your skin!

DSCN2737 (2)

Let’s go barefooted and run through the sprinklers!

Listen to the chirping of the crickets and the buzzing of the bees around the tall Sunflowers!

DSCN2728

Bite into a sweet slice of watermelon!  Yum!

It’s summertime, summertime, sum sum summertime!”

DSCN2731

Those were the memories of my childhood…growing up in Florida!!

DSCN2741

And also the memories of summers past for my husband, sons and Yogi, too!!

pets on quilts

Make sure you check out all the other pets and quilts in this super fun blog show HERE!! 

But do vote for my sweet YOGI!!!  Smile

1signature

37 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Just beautiful---love Yogi sitting on it, love the colors, and the writing in the border, start to finish---I LOVE It! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Summer Quilt and Yogi you do look gorgeous sitting on it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yogi looks so cute, like he belongs on that quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt and Yogi looks fabulous modeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful fun quilt, but Yogi is the star. Love the expressions he shares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want that quilt- it is perfect! Your model is a prof- makes the quilt look even better, if that could be possbile

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should do a tutorial based on this quilt- I would gladly pay for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful summer quilt. I love the personalization you added to the black borders! How unique!! And the backing is perfect!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful quilt.....it has so many interesting parts to it.....from front to back! And Yogi definitely agrees.........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yogi is adorable but Minnie says I can't vote for anyone else. (sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yogi's too cute. What great pictures of Yogi on the watermelon quilt, which I just love (except for the ants.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun quilt! Love it and your pup too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Polly what a wonderful quilt and of course your Yogi is adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute quilt! I love the picture of Yogi where he's looking right at the camera with his head cocked. Such a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yogi is very well behaved to sit and pose like that LOL!! My dogs wouldn't sit still long enough..... It's a lovely fun summer quilt, and I just love the writing/quilting you did on it too, adds a really nice touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, what a smidge! - you just want to kiss! Love the quilt and the wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was getting a wee bit worried Yogi and your beautiful quilts would not make an appearance in this show, so I'm delighted to see you here today.

    Once again, Yogi looks like he should be on the cover of a new quilt magazine or book. And, your beautiful watermelon quilt too. Perfect quilt to enjoy the summertime. I think I felt a fresh "cool" breeze just looking at this beautiful quilt.

    Great post/entry to the Pets on Quilts Show this year.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wanna HUG Yogi! LOVE LOVE LOVE the watermelon quilt!!! *waving from Florida*

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great summer quilt! Now I want some watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Yogi, he's such a sweetie. Cute quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE this summer-y quilt. Thank you so much for the peek at it! I wish I had time this summer to make one, but I'll tuck the idea away in my head for next summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had to go through this twice, first just to smile at Yogi, the cutest dog in the world, then back through to see the quilt, which is wonderful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is my favorite watermelon quilt I have seen! I'm going to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love, love, love this quilt. Did you have a special pattern or did you create it yourself? Where can I get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yogi looks totally ready for summer with his quilt! Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that quilt! Love the watermelony/summer side of it, and love your model :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The pink and green makes Yogi just POP out of the quilt. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lovely quilt, beautifully modeled.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! This looks like a photo shoot for a magazine! So pretty! Thank you for sharing, and for joining in at our Pet Show!

    ReplyDelete
  30. that is a great quilt and a wonderful way to feature your pup!

    ReplyDelete
  31. YUM. I love this quilt, what a great way to create a log cabin quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yogi looks so cute sitting on your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a cool pet and amazing quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I do like your watermelon quilt. Each year the local quilting club makes a raffle quilt for the Watermelon Festival - here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Now Julep and Derby want a quilt of their very own ... so see what you started [hahaha] ... better get back to learning how to quilt!

    All the best,
    Katie
    www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)