Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Busy on the Beach!

Of course, you are thinking this means I am on vaca at some beach, right?  Soooo  W R O N G !!!

DSCN2753

I have been busy working on a beach quilt!!  “Sunset Beach”!

DSCN2755

I saw an awesome beach photo online and decided it was just the view I wanted for a wall quilt for my son and his girlfriend’s apartment.

DSCN2756

My oldest son, A.J., just turned 30!!!  Man, am I getting so very OLD!!!

DSCN2759

So, I made him this quilt for the bedroom as their comforter and shams are black!

DSCN2758

I also made 2 reversible batik throw pillows. One side black and bright batik nine patches and

DSCN2769

the other side a really pretty black and orange print batik… so they can use both sides!!

DSCN2771

And I made them a little orange batik fish pillow with fat black rickrack!!

DSCN2773

I think they both liked it all!!  Now, it’s on to making a Back to School apple quilt to put out next month!!

DSCN2762

What are you working  on?

DSCN2765

Yogi’s working on his tan!!  LOL!!

1signature

12 comments:

  1. Perfect beach Quilt and the accesseries are just gorgeous especially the fish....
    How's the tan going Yogi.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice. They are sure to love it all! My oldest is 31!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness...that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Stunning!!!
    Speechless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beach quilt. The colors are fantastic and the quilting beautiful. I love the delicate look of the grass and plants. How did you do that? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beach quilt! The colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I love the colors in the beach scene. It will make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on vacation with your new retirement LOL
    It sounds like you are having lots of fun creating these days. This is a lovely quilt- Our son will be 25 this year- where did all that time go to have grown up children.. Enjoy your playing- think of me in a couple weeks when I officially head back to the classroom. I am starting to dream of school- last night I dreamt I had 32 students in my k class- Yikes...Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Beach quilt is so striking - well done, it looks great! I am sure your son and girlfriend were VERY impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic beach quilt and coordinating goodies! Yogi tan is about the same as Otis'--but they are determined.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful, and I love the accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous quilt there Polly!!! Just love the colours, lovely work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)