Friday, September 19, 2014

Going Postal…

Well, not anymore, that is!!

IMG_3556

My Halloween postage stamp quilt is finally done!!

IMG_3557

I named it “Wicked Bits”!! Woo hoo!

IMG_3555

I think this type of quilt with zillions of tiny pieces (1,443 to be exact), is perfect to make as a leader/ender project.

IMG_3539

Bonnie Hunter’s term for having a stack of little precut squares by your machine at all times and using two of them right sides together in between piecing parts of your current project.

IMG_3558

I have always called the little scrap pieces of fabric I used between piecing “tweeners” and they were just thrown away when they were covered in thread…but Bonnie calls them Leaders and Enders and has written two books about them!!

IMG_3559

I am thrilled that I finished this quilt!!  Can’t wait to put it our next month!!  YAY! 

IMG_3561

It was a great way to use up all those old tiny Halloween scraps!!

IMG_3551

Today, I’ve got to start making this month’s Schnibble!!

IMG_2744

What are you up to today??

1signature

21 comments:

  1. So cute - and I especially love the addition of that black rick rack on 2 sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and I don't even like Halloween stuff :-) What is the size of those squares?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out fantastic. Love the striped fabric with the rick rack, Happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt & I love your falling leaves on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is awesome! The rickrack really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! The colors are wonderful and that jumbo ric rac is the perfect accent! Nice job!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your halloween quilt! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT QUILT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love that! You are so very talented. That Jumbo ric rac just makes that quilt. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fabulous!!! Leaders and enders are like "free" quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt looks fantastic Polly. I love the jumbo ric rac.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your quilt so much. It's certainly given me something to think about. Maybe for next year or the year after. lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Wicked Bits - the rick rack is an awesome addition! You did a great job and should be proud of a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!!! Love the rick rack and the pumpkin - perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! The rick rack is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous finish Polly. I always like to keep something under my machine too.
    Doing a Hand Quilting Workshop this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. sigh, this turned out incredible I just really LOVE It. I need to start collecting halloween fabrics now.
    right now! I need one of these quilts love , love, love the rick rack.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Halloween quilt turned out wonderful! I can't believe how many squares it took -- well, actually I can believe it, but I'm astonished at how many it took. I need to be curled up and snoozing like Yogi.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the quilt, and the term 'Tweeners' is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)