Sunday, September 21, 2014

Guess what I’m working on?

Here’s a hint…

IMG_3577

I’ve been trimming…and trimming and trimming flying geese down to 1 1/2” by 2 1/2” in size.

IMG_3579

Yep, I’m working on a Little Bite called Whit.

IMG_3564

I’m making it out of two mini-charm packs from the Moda Avalon collection from Fig Tree.

IMG_3582

Yep, been trimming all 128 little flying geese.

IMG_3581

Really prefer to make regular Schnibbles with regular charm packs instead of Little Bites with mini-charms.

IMG_3587

It is just such allot of work for such a tiny outcome.  The version of Whit that I’m making will be just 22” square… sigh…

IMG_3583

Yogi’s been hanging out in the sewing room with me, as usual… supervising… LOL!!

IMG_3588

So, what did you do this weekend?

1signature

9 comments:

  1. Those are very tiny flying geese, but it will be so cute. Almost as cute as Yogi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very fiddley... But will look lovely.. What do you do with those little quilts?? I make them that size for Quilts of Love..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely a Master at Precision Piecing and certainly inspire me to learn to do this. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Glad Yogi is helping too!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. its going to be beautiful when your done though, I have to admit I have been putting it off, I may just paper piece mine, is that cheating????
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on my blog reading ... boy oh boy do I love that Halloween quilt. I've got a box full of 2-1/2" squares I plan to take to work on while on vacation [the husband doesn't know the sewing machine is going]. I want to make a scrappy quilt and I just might have to borrow your idea about rick-rack placement! Have a great week ahead and happy sewing - happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes smaller is better! Love the background fabric you are using. Nicer than just plain colour. This little tiny quilt is going to be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I would never make a quilt that small, I admire folks who are willing to do so. It will be lovely and your piecing is so precise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that is small, but it sure is lovely! Yogi is such a great supervisor too. Hubby wanted to take a drive this weekend, so we did -- a 400 mile drive. It was nice spending time together, but the weather turned stormy and we ended up driving through a tornado. Thankfully, we had no damage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)