Friday, March 6, 2009

Addicted to Color

In a previous post, I mentioned that I'd taken a class 2 years ago at The Artful Quilter quilt shop here in Centreville, Virginia. The class was with Kaffe Fassett and Liza Prior Lucy called "Square Clamshell" from his museum quilt book.


The range of colors we students brought to class were so unique to each other. I brought all blues with a bit of greens, purples and few hot pinks. I LOVE those colors. It was such fun to be with the two of them all day.


Kaffe was quite handsome with clear blue eyes and white hair. He was quite charming and a tad full of himself....who wouldn't be with a room full of women playing with gorgeous fabrics he designed!! Liza was insightful and down to earth. I liked them both!


While he was in town, he had a lecture and trunk show and we got to ogle and later touch the gorgeous quilts from his many books. He signed any of his books we brought to class and he cheerfully signed the embroidered label I made before class for the back of my quilt!

Well, the temperature was unseasonably warm today and almost all of the snow we got last week has now melted. The daffodils in my yard are starting to peek out of the dirt.



The robins are out digging worms in the still brown grass and I can already see tiny birds flying into my backyard birdhouse with twigs and pierces of dried grass for their nests.


Tomorrow night we "spring forward" into daylight savings time. Now it will be dark again going to work in the mornings, but will be light much later in the evenings. I am not ready to lose an hour of sleep, but I am ready for spring! Are you? God Bless! Polly

3 comments:

  1. Spring is around every corner here - but MOSTLY with the weeds staring at me.LOL Guess I'll be needing to do some much needed yard work this weekend.

    Beautiful, beautiful quilt. And I really like the label you put on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It is a keeper!! :-) Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, a beautiful quilt! It reminds me of a spring meadow!

    I live for this time change! The one in the winter totally throws my body off kilter, right up until the time it changes back again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)