Monday, March 2, 2009

Flannel Quilt Top's Done!

I just lovvveeee snow days! Today was probably our last one of the winter for this year, even though we have one more built into our school year. We got about 8 inches today. By 10:00am the clouds had blown away and the sun was out! And wonder of wonders, the snow plow actually came to our little cul de sac and plowed it! That NEVER happens! So, that means, we'll be in school tomorrow but with a 2 hour delay....so maybe I can sew for those 2 hours... or sleep! Either one works for me!! :-)

This is the pattern for the kit- "Take Five" by Teacher's Pet.


So, my flannel quilt kit I bought at the quilt show on Saturday is all pieced and even sandwiched with backing and batting....just waiting to b e quilted. Haven't decided what thread to use yet.



Would you use white or grey or pale blue? Maybe I can find a nice variegated one to enhance it!

I'm thinking big swirls like the wind on a snowy day would be a nice motif to quilt on it. I don't pre-mark my quilts, just free motion quilting. What would you choose? Leave me a comment and let me know! Stay warm and God Bless! Polly

1 comment:

  1. If this quilt is flannel, what type of batting do you use? And, do you use just a plain cotton for the backing?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)