Sunday, March 1, 2009

Awesome Quilt Show!!

I just got back from the Mid-Atlantic Quilt show in Hampton, VA with my bee friend, Linda! What a great show! The quilts were beautiful and amazing in skills exhibited. But I must be honest, the vendors were what I really went to see! and, of course, I bought nothing at all... NOT!!! I went back and counted up the vendors in the program, over 150!!!!!!!! It was like quilt heaven- something for everyone!! Check out this gorgeous Kaffee Fassett quilt behind us! It was beyond gorgeous!! Eye candy galore!


I bought several new patterns, one book, lots of fat quarters and 2 kits. There were lots of sewing machine vendors there...lots of folks looking in those booths, too. With the economy, I wonder how many folks actually bought machines... Linda and I did drool a bit when walking by the new Bernina 830... sigh. But I really can't complain, because I have a 640 and I love it dearly. This quilt below is one of the patterns I bought! The picture does not do it justice!! :-(


The show was great in the variety of fabrics, thread, patterns,books, tools, kits, accessories... everything you could think of for quilting. The only thing I was disappointed in was that the vendor I bought my sterling silver quilt charm bracelet was not there. The convention center was perfect for the show with ample room in the aisles, plenty of bathrooms, chairs, benches and upstairs they had a wonderful buffet for lunch.

Another reason I love quilt shows is seeing how artsy some of the attendees are dressed with quilted clothing and cute handbags and fun jewelry! And we all love to share what pattern was used when folks compliment us on our clothing! We saw a lovely woman with a stunning quilted jacket she had made herself. It was patchwork lime green with black and white groovy flowers appliques on it. It was heavily quilted and embellished with sparkles, too. It had black and white striped binding and cute buttons. I took a photo of it! Check this out!



The thing that is making this weekend even more perfect is that they are forecasting snow for us tonight, so with any luck, we'll get a snow day tomorrow and I can stay home and sew up one of those new kits!! I am dying to make the new flannel one with cute snowmen on it!! Isn't this fabric cute??


So, I will wear my PJ's inside out tonight just to make sure that snow actually comes!!!! :-) Hope you are warm and cozy and busy in your sewing room all day tomorrow, too! God Bless! Polly

1 comment:

  1. The quilt show sounds like so much fun. We won't be having snow here in MS, but I'll be hopin' for you having a snow day tomorrow. I'd much rather be home sewing all day too. Can't wait to see how that kit sews up.

    Vail

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)