Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In

Last night was the Friday Night Sew-In and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the evening sewing. I finished the rest of the Strip Twist blocks made from the Moda "Nest" jelly roll. I promise you- even though the blocks used partial piecing to complete, they were super easy to make. Last night I was able to not only finish the blocks, but also laid them out on my design wall and then sewed them all together to complete the quilt top.




Isn't this a fun and cheery quilt? I love it! Tomorrow after Mass and breakfast out, I'll get it all pinned and prepared for quilting and hope to finish it tomorrow afternoon. Tonight is football night at our house, so no sewing tonight!


4 comments:

  1. SOOOO cute Polly. And I am glad to hear that the pattern is easy, because I have one to make too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt Polly. That"s great work to finish you quilt so quickly

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt does look like it would take time but I'll just take your word for it, Polly.

    I understand "football night" because if there's a REAL good game on, I cannot even sew. My eyes have to ON the television set. But if it's a "so-so" game, atleast in my eyes, then I can sew while listening to it and just turn and watch it when I know there's going to be a good replay.

    Yes, I'm one of those football women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this quilt. I love the fabrics you used and just the pattern itself. Was it a fun quilt to make? Was the pattern smooth to follow? Who is the designer?? Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sooooooo very much for taking the time to leave a comment! I am always happy to know that someone is reading my ramblings!! Polly :-)